The October issue of Locus Magazine features coverage of ConJosé, the World SF Convention held last month in San José CA, plus
- Results and detailed voting of the Hugo Awards presented there
- Interviews with Dan Simmons and Jeff VanderMeer
- Obituary and tributes of Lloyd Biggle, Jr., Dave Van Arnam, Norman Jolley, and others
- Other news stories about the Writers and Illustrators of the Future Awards, Chesley Awards Winners, the Clarion Classes of 2002, and what's going on the corporate world
- The magazine's popular "People & Publishing" and "Data File" sections, with items about Interzone, a bank robbery scam perhaps based on Neil Gaiman's American Gods, Michael Moorcock, Iain Banks, Clarion classes, and much more.
- Comprehensive listings of books and magazines published in August, and British books published in July.
- Bestsellers from specialty bookstores in July, and Locus's selected New and Notable Books.
- Reviews cover new books by Greg Bear, Ellen Kushner & Delia Sherman, Christopher Priest, Laura J. Mixon, James A. Hetley, Chris Bunch, Terry Pratchett, Adam Roberts, and others
- Short fiction reviews by Nick Gevers and Rich Horton survey new stories from recent issues of Asimov's, F&SF, Sci Fiction, Interzone, Analog, James Patrick Kelly's collection Strange But Not a Stranger, and other sources.
Click for larger image
Cover Design: Arnie Fenner