posted Thursday 23 June 2016 @ 7:43 am PDT
Finalists for the inaugural Eugie Foster Memorial Award for Short Fiction (the Eugie Award), which “honors stories that are irreplaceable, that inspire, enlighten, and entertain,” have been announced:
- “Three Cups of Grief, by Starlight”, Aliette De Bodard (Clarkesworld 1/15)
- “The Deepwater Bride”, Tamsyn Muir (F&SF 7-8/15)
- “The Long Goodnight of Violet Wild”, Catherynne M. Valente (Clarkesworld 1 & 3/15)
- “Pocosin”, Ursula Vernon (Apex 1/15)
- “Hungry Daughters of Starving Mothers”, Alyssa Wong (Nightmare 10/15)
The winner will be honored at Dragon Con, to be held September 2-5, 2016 in Atlanta GA. The award celebrates “the best in innovative fiction” and honors writer and editor Eugie Foster, who died in 2014. Speculative short stories published in 2015 are eligible for the award, with nominations made by a panel of editors, reviewers, and select readers, and the winner chosen by a jury.
For more information, visit www.eugiefoster.com.