posted by Karen Burnham at Wednesday 13 April 2011 @ 3:33 am BST
At ICFA, I was lucky enough to be on the same continent as regular Locus Roundtable contributor, Graham Sleight. We took advantage of the opportunity to sit down and record a podcast without worrying about time zone coordination. We talk about: the classic sf space futures that never were, how the field has changed and evolved, space travel and global warming, and storyable futures. Below are some links from the discussion:
- West Wing speech on space
- Judith Berman’s NYRSF piece, “Science Fiction Without the Future,” for which she won the SFRA Pioneer Award.
- Expanded Horizons magazine (see also the banner ad on the blog right now).
- Icarus: The Magazine of Gay Speculative Fiction. Also available as an eBook at Wizard’s Tower Press.
- The journal Foundation
- The Unsilent Library, edited by Simon Bradshaw, Graham Sleight, and Tony Keen.
- The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction, 3rd edition.