Next -- Table-of-Contents
The Locus Index to Science Fiction: 1984-1998
Previous -- Table-of-Contents
Battletech: Main Event Jim Long (Penguin/Roc 0-451-45245-3, May 93 [Apr 93], $4.99, 340pp, pb, cover by Boris Vallejo) [Battletech] Sf novelization based on the Battletech game, with interioir illustrations by Terry Pavlet. Packaged and copyrighted by FASA.
The Undead Roxanne Longstreet (Zebra 0-8217-4068-7, Feb 93 [Jan 93], $4.50, 318pp, pb) Horror novel of a vampire morgue attendant in danger from another of his kind.
Castle of Eyes Penelope Love (Chaosium 1-56882-005-4, Apr 93 [Jun 93], $14.95, 236pp, tp, cover by Mark Wagner) Fantasy novel of a girl who wakes up in a strange and magical castle and must learn to cope with her new existence.
The Dunwich Horror and Others H. P. Lovecraft (Easton Press, Oct 93, no price, 433pp, hc) Reprint (Arkham House 1963) collection of 16 stories, with a new introduction by Darrell Schweitzer and artwork by Jill Bauman. The text is that of the corrected 1985 sixth printing. This special leatherbound gilt-edge edition is part of the Masterpieces of Science Fiction series and is available by subscription only.
Forgotten Realms: The Prince of Lies James Lowder (TSR 1-56076-626-3, Aug 93 [Jul 93], $5.95, 376pp, tp, cover by Brom) [Forgotten Realms] Fantasy novelization based on the Forgotten Realms game, a sequel to the Avatar trilogy.
Forgotten Realms: Realms of Valor ed. James Lowder (TSR 1-56076-557-7, Feb 93 [Jan 93], $4.95, 339pp, tp, cover by Clyde Caldwell) [Forgotten Realms] Original anthology of 11 short stories based on the Forgotten Realms game, with an afterword by Jeff Grubb.
The Giver Lois Lowry (Houghton Mifflin 0-395-64566-2, Apr 93, $13.95, 180pp, hc) Young-adult utopian sf novel about a boy who discovers the secrets underlying his seemingly perfect tribal society.
The Star Wars Trilogy George Lucas, Donald F. Glut & James Kahn (Ballantine Del Rey 0-345-38438-5, Mar 93 [Feb 93], $5.99, 471pp, pb) [Star Wars] Reprint (Del Rey 1987) omnibus of the three Star Wars novelizations, Star Wars (Ballantine 1976), The Empire Strikes Back (Del Rey 1980), and Return of the Jedi (Del Rey 1983).
The Big Empty James Luceno (Ballantine Del Rey 0-345-37449-5, Dec 93 [Nov 93], $4.99, 291pp, pb, cover by Peter Gudynas) Sf novel of a cyborg caught in the middle of a war between men and AIs.
Blood Brothers Brian Lumley (Tor 0-812-52061-0, Sep 93 [Aug 93], $5.99, 565pp, pb, cover by Bob Eggleton) [Vampire World] Reprint (Tor 1992) horror novel about alien vampires, first book of the Vampire World series, a follow-up to the Necroscope series.
Fruiting Bodies and Other Fungi Brian Lumley (Tor 0-312-85458-7, Feb 93 [Jan 93], $18.95, 287pp, hc, cover by Bob Eggleton) Collection of 13 horror stories with an introduction by the author. Simultaneous with the British (Roc) edition.
Hero of Dreams Brian Lumley (Tor 0-812-52419-5, Dec 93 [Nov 93], $4.99, 240pp, pb, cover by Tim Jacobus) [Dreamlands] Reprint (W. Paul Ganley 1986) dark fantasy novel with ties to the Cthulhu Mythos, first book of the Dreamland series.
Iced on Aran & Other Dream Quests Brian Lumley (W. Paul Ganley 0-932445-47-0, Nov 92 [Jun 93], $25.00, 184pp, hc, cover by Stephen E. Fabian) [Dreamlands] Collection of five stories set in the world of Lovecrafts The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath, with artwork by Stephen E. Fabian. First American edition (Headline 1990) and first hardcover edition. This is a 1992 book not seen until now. Order from W. Paul Ganley, P.O. Box 149, Buffalo NY 14226. Include $1.50 postage/handling.
The Last Aerie Brian Lumley (Tor 0-312-85358-0, Aug 93 [Jul 93], $22.95, 479pp, hc, cover by Bob Eggleton) [Vampire World] Vampire dark fantasy novel, second book of the Vampire World series, a follow-up to the Necroscope series.
Psychamok Brian Lumley (Tor 0-812-52032-7, Feb 93 [Jan 93], $5.99, 508pp, pb, cover by Jim Thiesen) [Psychomech] Psychic horror novel, third book of the Psychomech series. First American edition (Granada 1985).
Ship of Dreams Brian Lumley (Tor 0-812-52420-9, Jan 94 [Dec 93], $4.99, 243pp, pb, cover by Tim Jacobus) [Dreamlands] Reprint (W. Paul Ganley 1986) dark fantasy novel with ties to the Cthulhu Mythos, second book of the Dreamland series.
Great Artist Carl Lundgren (Gator Press, Dec 93, $25.00, 120pp, tp, cover by Carl Lundgren) Self-published art book/autobiography. Includes many reproductions of covers and paintings, plus various ephemera and autobiographical text. This is a 3,000-copy signed numbered edition. Available for $25 postpaid from Gator Press, 115 North Conrad Ave., Lecanto FL 34461.
The Digital Wristwatch of Philip K. Dick/Hyperprism Richard A. Lupoff (Gryphon Books 0-936071-25-7, Nov 93, $9.95, 28/26pp, tp, cover by Allen Koszowski) Collection of two reprint sf short stories, printed à la the Ace Doubles. Available from Gryphon Publications, PO Box 209, Brooklyn NY 11228. Gryphon Double #7.
- 3 · The Digital Wristwatch of Philip K. Dick · nv Canyon Press: San Carlos CA, 1985
- 3 · Hyperprism · nv Science Fiction Eye v1 #3 88
The Oxford Book of Modern Fairy Tales ed. Alison Lurie (Oxford University Press 0-19-214218-6, Jun 93, $25.00, 455pp, hc, cover by Maxfield Parrish) Anthology of 19th and 20th century literary fairy tales, from Hawthorne to Le Guin. There is an introduction by the editor, on fairy tales, and biographical notes on the authors. Simultaneous with the UK edition.
Angel Eyes Eric Lustbader (Fawcett Crest 0-449-21852-X, Feb 93 [Jan 93], $5.99, 531pp, pb) Reprint (Fawcett 1991) near-future technothriller with sf elements.
The Kaisho Eric Lustbader (Pocket 0-671-86806-3, Oct 93 [Nov 93], $22.00, 481pp, hc, cover by Keith Birdsong) [Nicholas Linnear] Psychic/mystical thriller in the ongoing series featuring Nicholas Linnear, the Ninja. First American edition (HarperCollins UK 1993).
The Belly of the Wolf R. A. MacAvoy (Morrow 0-688-09601-8, Jan 94 [Dec 93], $20.00, 187pp, hc, cover by Pamela Patrick) [Lens of the World] Sf novel, third book of the Lens of the World series. First American edition (Headline 1993 as Winter of the Wolf).
James Branch Cabell and Richmond-in-Virginia Edgar MacDonald (University Press of Mississippi 0-87805-622-X, May 93, $39.95, 373pp, hc) Non-fiction, a biography of the author of Jurgen. Order from the University of Mississippi Press, 3825 Ridgewood Rd., Jackson MI 39211-6492. [James Branch Cabell]
The Light Princess George MacDonald (Shambhala/Barefoot Books 1-56957-903-2, Sep 93 [Oct 93], $6.00, 131pp, hc, cover by Arthur Hughes) Classic fairy tale that originally appeared in MacDonalds adult novel Adela Cathcart (Hurst & Blackett 1864). It was excerpted in the collection Dealing with the Fairies (Strahan 1867). This text is that of the 1867 version, with colorized reproductions of Arthur Hughes black-an-white illustrations for that edition. This has been published as a stand-alone volume previously, although the initial edition has been impossible to determine. There is a preface by series editor Jonathan Cott. This is a miniature (8x12 cm.) book.
The Princess and the Goblin George MacDonald (Random House/Knopf Everymans Library 0-679-42810-0, Oct 93 [Dec 93], $12.95, 238pp, hc) [Curdie] Reprint (Routledge 1871) classic juvenile fantasy novel, with the original illustrations by Arthur Hughes.
The Darkness Within Shawn MacDonald (Zebra 0-8217-4163-2, May 93 [Apr 93], $4.50, 318pp, pb) Horror novel of a young girl who discovers that the evil of her demonic grandmother is reaching out from the grave.
The Rushdie Letters: Freedom to Speak, Freedom to Write ed. Steve MacDonough (University of Nebraska Press 0-8032-8198-6, Aug 93 [Jul 93], $9.95, 189pp, tp) Associational non-fiction. A collection of 26 responses by prominent authors to the fatwa, plus Rushdies essay One Thousand Days in a Balloon and a chronology. First American edition (Brandon 1993). [Salman Rushdie]
The Year the Horses Came Mary Mackey (HarperSan Francisco 0-06-250735-4, Sep 93 [Aug 93], $22.00, 376pp, hc, cover by Tim Jessell) [Earthsong Trilogy] Prehistoric fantasy romance about the love of a beautiful priestess for one of the marauding nomads invading her peoples land.
Mindwarps John Maclay (Maclay & Associates, Sep 92 [Feb 93], $9.95, 139pp, hc) Collection of 22 horror stories. This is a signed 500-copy limited edition. Order from Maclay & Associates, PO Box 16253, Baltimore MD 21210.
- 7 · A Matter of Firing · ss Stalkers, ed. Ed Gorman & Martin H. Greenberg, Arlington Heights, IL: Dark Harvest, 1989
- 14 · If Its All the Same to You · ss Grue #7 88
- 24 · Meat Men · ss *
- 31 · A Mountain Story · ss Twisted
- 37 · Packing Howard · vi Short Story Digest Win 91
- 41 · A Childhood Memory · vi Deathrealm Sum 89
- 44 · True · vi 14 Vicious Valentines, ed. Rosalind M. Greenberg, Martin H. Greenberg & Charles G. Waugh, Avon, 1988
- 49 · Razor Cut · vi Cemetery Dance Spr 91
- 53 · Death Flight · vi Night Cry Sum 87
- 56 · Cab Fare · vi Twisted #5 89
- 59 · The Plumber · ss Eldritch Tales #23 90
- 66 · Safe · ss Masques #3, ed. J. N. Williamson, 1989
- 72 · The Flats · ss *
- 81 · Black Stockings · ss Pulphouse: The Hardback Magazine Issue 5, ed. Kristine Kathryn Rusch, Pulphouse, 1989
- 89 · A Younger Woman · ss Borderlands, ed. Thomas F. Monteleone, Avon, 1990
- 99 · The Reason Why · ss Dead of Night Jul 89
- 103 · Speak from Experience · ss After Hours Sum 90
- 107 · Exhibit D · ss Haunts #18 90
- 112 · Over the Fence · ss Twilight Zone Aug 88
- 120 · Driving On · vi Midnight Zoo v1 #1 91
- 124 · Models · ss Scare Care, ed. Graham Masterton, Tor, 1989
- 127 · Hint of Spring · ss The Marquet Series May 90
- 131 · The Ponds · ss *
Knights of the Blood Scott MacMillan (Penguin/Roc 0-451-45256-9, Jul 93 [Jun 93], $4.99, 350pp, pb) [Knights of the Blood] Dark fantasy novel of an LA cop on the hunt for Nazi vampires. The spine and front cover read Created by/Katherine Kurtz/Scott MacMillan. The title page makes the actual authorship clear. Packaged by Bill Fawcett & Associates, and copyrighted by Bill Fawcett & Associates and Katherine Kurtz. MacMillan is married to Kurtz.
Freedom Convoy Chola Mahes (Dorrance Publishing 0-8059-3305-0, May 93, $14.95, 274pp, tp, cover by John Dotegowski) Post-holocaust sf road novel of a group of survivors fleeing the ruins of San Francisco in search of a paradise rumored to be on the Florida coast. This is a worldwide edition with both US and UK prices. A first novel. Order from Dorrance Publishing, 643 Smithfield St., Pittsburgh PA 15222.
The Changeover Margaret Mahy (Penguin/Puffin 0-14-036599-0, Jan 94 [Dec 93], $3.99, 214pp, pb, cover by Tom Stimpson) Reprint (Dent 1984) Carnegie Medal-winning young-adult occult fantasy novel.
Dangerous Spaces Margaret Mahy (Penguin/Puffin 0-14-036362-9, May 93 [Jun 93], $3.99, 154pp, tp, cover by Linda Thomas) Reprint (Hamish Hamilton 1991) young-adult ghost story.
The Door in the Air and Other Stories Margaret Mahy (Dell Yearling 0-440-40774-5, Apr 93 [Mar 93], $3.50, 106pp, tp) Reprint (Dent 1988) young-adult collection of nine fantasy stories, illustrated by Diana Catchpole.
The Girl with the Green Ear: Stories About Magic in Nature Margaret Mahy (Knopf Bullseye 0-679-84000-1, Apr 93 [Jul 93], $3.25, 100pp, tp, cover by Shirley Hughes) Reprint (Knopf 1992) collection of nine young-adult fantasy stories previously published in various British Mahy collections, with the original illustrations by Shirley Hughes.
The Great Piratical Rambustification & The Librarian and the Robbers Margaret Mahy (Morrow Beech Tree 0-688-12469-0, Nov 93, $3.95, 63pp, hc, cover by Quentin Blake) Reprint (J.M. Dent 1978) collection of two childrens fantasy stories, with illustrations by Quentin Blake.
The Pirates Mixed-Up Voyage Margaret Mahy (Penguin/Dial 0-8037-1350-9, Apr 93 [May 93], $13.99, 180pp, hc, cover by Margaret Chamberlain) Young-adult picaresque comic fantasy adventure novel about an ill-assorted pirate crews plot to kidnap a famous inventor. Illustrations by Margaret Chamberlain. First American edition (J.M. Dent 1983).
Raging Robots and Unruly Uncles Margaret Mahy (Overlook Press 0-87951-469-8, Apr 93 [Jun 93], $13.95, 93pp, hc, cover by Peter Stevenson) Childrens fantasy novella of two brothers whose children are replaced by robots. Illustrated by Peter Stevenson. First American edition (Viking UK 1991).
Dreamquests: The Art of Don Maitz Don Maitz (Underwood-Miller 0-88733-175-0, Nov 93, $29.95, 98pp, hc, cover by Don Maitz) Art book; a collection of full-color works by Maitz, with an introduction by Raymond E. Feist and an afterword by Janny Wurts. A trade paperback edition (-176-9, $17.95) is also available. Order from Underwood-Miller, 708 Westover Dr. , Lancaster PA 17601.
Reginalds Science Fiction & Fantasy Awards, Third Edition Daryl F. Mallett & Robert Reginald (Borgo Press 0-8095-1200-9, Apr 93, $20.00, 248pp, tp) Non-fiction, reference. A listing of sf awards winners, both English and foreign-language, plus a list of sf works winning non-genre awards. This is the second revised and updated edition of a book published by Borgo in 1982 as by Reginald only. A hardcover edition (-0200-3) was announced but not seen.
Wingman #11: The Ghost War Mack Maloney (Zebra 0-8217-4223-X, Jul 93 [Jun 93], $4.50, 448pp, pb) [Wingman] Sf post-holocaust military adventure novel, latest in the Wingman series.
Christian Fantasy: From 1200 to the Present Colin Manlove (University of Notre Dame Press 0-268-00790-X, Nov 92 [Jan 93], $32.95, 356pp, hc) Non-fiction, criticism. A look at selected works of fantasy set in worlds derived from Christian mythology, from a 13th-century French epic to Stephen Lawhead. Available from the University of Notre Dame Press, Notre Dame IN 46556.
Wulfsyarn Phillip Mann (AvoNova 0-380-71717-4, Aug 93 [Jul 93], $4.99, 356pp, pb, cover by Glen Orbik) Reprint (Gollancz 1990) sf/mystery novel narrated by an intelligent autoscribe. Recommended (CNB).
Aliens and UFOs: Extraterrestrial Tales from Asimovs Science Fiction and Analog Science Fiction and Fact ed. Cynthia Manson & Charles Ardai (Smithmark 0-8317-0436-5, 1993 [Oct 93], $9.98, 464pp, hc, cover by Angus McKie) Anthology of 19 stories about alien visitors that appeared in Asimovs or Analog. This is an instant remainder book.
An Eye for Dark Places Norma Marder (Little, Brown 0-316-54606-2, Jul 93 [Sep 93], $19.95, 296pp, hc, cover by James Steinberg) Near-future post-apocalyptic feminist dystopian sf novel. A first novel.
The Summoned Megan Marklin (Pocket 0-671-76098-X, Mar 93 [Feb 93], $4.99, 304pp, pb, cover by Vince Natale) Horror novel. Lisa discovers that shes part of a long-unbroken lineage of witches, and a mysterious man comes into her life to reveal her destiny and father her child.
Dancing Jack Laurie J. Marks (DAW 0-88677-578-7, Nov 93 [Oct 93], $4.99, 253pp, pb, cover by Jim Warren) Fantasy novel of a woman who must relive her violent past in order to save her nephew, who is fomenting a rebellion similar to the one that killed the rest of their family.
Star Trek: The Price of the Phoenix Sondra Marshak & Myrna Culbreath (Bantam Spectra 0-553-24635-6, Feb 93 [Jan 93], $4.99, 182pp, pb, cover by Kazuhiko Sanu) [Star Trek] Reissue (Bantam 1977) Star Trek novelization; seventh printing.
Wild Cards: Card Sharks ed. George R. R. Martin (Baen 0-671-72159-3, Mar 93 [Feb 93], $5.99, 452pp, pb, cover by Barclay Shaw) [Wild Cards] Original shared-world anthology, 13th book of the Wild Cards series overall and the first of a new cycle. The stories are presented in a chronologically braided format and the writers are Roger Zelazny, Melinda Snodgrass, William F. Wu, Laura J. Mixon, Kevin Andrew Murphy, Victor Milan, Stephen Leigh, and Michael Cassut.
A Two-Edged Sword Thomas K. Martin (Ace 0-441-83344-6, Jan 94 [Dec 93], $4.99, 263pp, pb, cover by Donato) [Dreamer of Atlânaat] Fantasy adventure novel of a sleep research subject transported to a fantasy dream world and unable to wake up. A first novel.
The Voice in the Basement T. Chris Martindale (Pocket 0-671-76012-2, Nov 93 [Oct 93], $4.99, 279pp, pb, cover by Darryl Zudeck) Horror novel of a house in the Indiana woods haunted by evil forces.
Solo Robert Mason (Berkley 0-425-13748-1, Jul 93 [Jun 93], $4.99, 309pp, pb) [Weapon] Reprint (Putnam 1992) sf technothriller, sequel to Weapon.
The Gunfight Richard Matheson (Berkley 0-425-13901-8, Sep 93 [Aug 93], $4.99, 247pp, pb) Associational Western novel. A hardcover edition from M. Evans was announced but not seen.
Seven Steps to Midnight Richard Matheson (Tor/Forge 0-312-85409-9, Sep 93 [Aug 93], $22.95, 318pp, hc, cover by Joe Curcio) Associational thriller about a mathematician on the run after an imposter steals his identity.
Created By Richard Christian Matheson (Bantam 0-553-09543-9, Oct 93 [Sep 93], $21.95, 324pp, hc, cover by Larry Lurin) Associational horror novel of a TV producer whose new show features spectacular violence that spills over into the real world. There are no fantastic elements. A first novel.
A Fairy Tale Reader ed. John & Caitlín Matthews (HarperAquarian 1-85538-283-0, Nov 93, $16.00, 304pp, tp, cover by Edward R. Hughes) Anthology of classic fairy tales and literary fairy tales by Stockton, Dunsany, etc., plus commentary culled from various sources ranging from Yeats to Jung and Joseph Campbell. This is a worldwide edition with US, UK, Canadian, and Australian prices.
- 7 · Foreword · R. J. Stewart · fw
- 9 · Introduction · John & Caitlín Matthews · in
- 17 · The Faery Tradition · John & Caitlín Matthews · si
- 20 · The Origin of the Fairies · Helen Drever · ss The Lure of the Kelpie, Moray Press, 1937
- 23 · Beauty and the Beast · Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont · ss Magasin des Enfans, London, 1757
- 32 · Descriptions of the Faery · Lewis Spence · ar The Fairy Tradition in Britain, Lewis Spence, Rider, 1943
- 50 · The Sleeping Beauty in the Woods · Charles Perrault; trans. by Robert Samber · ss Histoire ou contes du temps passé, France, 1697
- 58 · About the Sleeping Beauty · P. L. Travers · ar About the Sleeping Beauty, McGraw-Hill, 1977
- 67 · One-eye, Two-eyes and Three-eyes · Wilhelm & Jakob Grimm · ss German Popular Stories, trans. by Edgar Taylor, 1824
- 72 · The Work of the Brothers Grimm · Joseph Campbell · ar The Complete Grimms Fairy Tales, Pantheon, 1975
- 91 · Fairer-Than-a-Fairy · Andrew Lang · ss The Yellow Fairy Book, London: Longman, 1894
- 98 · The Friends of the People of Faery [in The Tribes of Danu] · W. B. Yeats · ar The New Review Nov, 1897
- 102 · The Princess of Land-Under-Waves · Donald A. Mackenzie · ss Wonder Tales from Scottish Myth and Legend, Glasgow: Blackie, 1917
- 115 · The Ferly Court · John & Caitlín Matthews · si
- 117 · Childe Rowland · Joseph Jacobs · ss English Fairy Tales, London: Nult, 1890
- 122 · British Goblins · Wirt Sikes · ar British Goblins, Sampson Low, Marston, Searles & Rivington, 1880
- 128 · The Language of Birds · John F. Campbell · ss Popular Tales of the West Highlands, ed. John F. Campbell, 1860; a story learned from Janet Currie and passed down through generations from the bard Niel Currie.
- 134 · commentary on The Language of Birds · John G. McKay · ar Scottish Gaelic Studies v3 34
- 142 · The Fairy Life · Lewis Spence · ar The Fairy Tradition in Britain, Lewis Spence, Rider, 1943
- 168 · Robin Goodfellow · Ernest Rhys · ss Fairy Gold, Dent, 1906
- 173 · The Fairy Mythology of Shakespeare · Alfred Nutt · ar The Fairy Mythology of Shakespeare, Alfred Nutt, David Nutt, 1900
- 191 · Ballads, Songs and Faery Lore · John & Caitlín Matthews · si
- 193 · Faery Songs and Rhymes · Alexander Carmichael · gp The Carmina Gadelica, Oliver & Boyd, 1954; The Hunter and the Fairy, pm; The Fairy Womans Lullaby, pm
- 196 · The Ballad Fairy · Lowrey Charles Wimberly · ar Folk-lore in the English and Scottish Ballads, Lowrey Charles Wimberly, University of Chicago, 1928
- 219 · Thomas Rhymer · Traditional · pm
- 222 · Lady Isobel and the Elf-Knight · Traditional · pm
- 223 · Harpkin · Traditional · pm
- 224 · King Orfeo · Traditional · pm
- 226 · The Lord Nann and the Fairy · Traditional · pm
- 229 · The Legend of Knockgrafton · T. Crofton Croker · ss Fairy Legends and Traditions of the South of Ireland, 1825
- 233 · Voyage of Bran, Son of Febal, to the Land of the Living · Alfred Nutt & Kuno Meyer · ex, 1895
- 241 · Story-Telling - A Folk Art · Ruth Sawyer · ar The Way of the Storyteller, Harrap, 1944
- 250 · Wee Meg Barnileg and the Fairies · Ruth Sawyer · ss The Way of the Storyteller, Harrap, 1944
- 259 · The Literary Heritage · John & Caitlín Matthews · si
- 261 · The Origins of Faery · Edmund Spenser · ex The Faerie Queen, Edmund Spenser, 1590
- 265 · The Tinder Box · Hans Christian Andersen · ss Eventyr fortalte for Børn, Copenhagen, 1835
- 272 · The Stolen Child · W. B. Yeats · pm The Irish Monthly Dec, 1886
- 274 · The Poets Fee · Ella Young · ss The Hornbook Magazine May/Jun 39
- 278 · The Fairy Child · Lord Dunsany · pm To Awaken Pegasus, Lord Dunsany, George Ronald, 1949
- 280 · The Wood-Fairies [from Tales of a Wood-Cutter] · Laurence Housman · ss The Ladys Realm Jul 07
- 286 · Shadow-of-a-Leaf · Alfred Noyes · pm
- 288 · The Griffin and the Minor Canon · Frank R. Stockton · ss St. Nicholas Magazine Oct, 1885
- 299 · The Hosts of Faery · Kuno Meyer · pm Ancient Irish Poetry, Constable, 1913
- 300 · The Five Boons of Life · Mark Twain · vi Harpers Weekly Jul 5 02
- 302 · The Song of the Lordly Ones · Fiona Macleod · pm
- 303 · Further Reading · Misc. · bi