Next -- Table-of-Contents
The Locus Index to Science Fiction: 1984-1998
Previous -- Table-of-Contents
Star Trek: Starfleet Academy: The Best and the Brightest Susan Wright (Pocket 0-671-01549-4, Feb 98 [Jan 98], $6.50, 277pp, pb) [Star Trek: Starfleet Academy] Star Trek novelization, first in a new adult Starfleet Academy series.
Fugitive Prince Janny Wurts (HarperPrism 0-06-105468-2, Oct 98 [Sep 98], $6.50, 704pp, pb, cover by Janny Wurts) [Wars of Light and Shadow] Reprint (HarperPrism 1997) fantasy novel, first book of The Alliance of Light, the third part of The Wars of Light and Shadow.
Tropic of Orange Karen Tei Yamashita (Coffee House Press 1-56689-064-0, Sep 97 [Apr 98], $14.95, 270pp, tp, cover by Ronaldo Lopes de Oliveira) Satirical literary fantasy/magic realism mystery novel of drugs, bootleg body parts, and cultural collisions as a magic orange drags the Tropic of Cancer to Los Angeles. This is dated 1997, but not seen until now. Order from Coffee House Press, 27 North Fourth Street, Suite 400, Minneapolis MN 55401.
Blood Roses Chelsea Quinn Yarbro (Tor 0-312-86529-5, Oct 98 [Sep 98], $24.95, 382pp, hc) [Saint-Germain] Vampire novel of Saint-Germain. The vampire faces plague in 14th-century France.
Sisters of the Night: The Angry Angel Chelsea Quinn Yarbro (Avon 0-380-97400-2, Apr 98 [Mar 98], $23.00, 359pp, hc, cover by Christopher H. Bing) [Sisters of the Night] Vampire novel, first in a trilogy about the three weird sisters from Bram Stokers Dracula. Illustrated by Christopher H. Bing. Packaged by Swordsmith Productions, who share the copyright with the author.
Writ in Blood Chelsea Quinn Yarbro (Tor 0-312-86480-9, Jul 98 [Jun 98], $15.95, 543pp, tp) [Saint-Germain] Reprint (Tor 1997) vampire novel of Saint-Germaine on the eve of WWI.
Here There Be Dragons Jane Yolen (Harcourt Brace 0-15-201705-4, Apr 98, $10.00, 149pp, tp, cover by David Wilgus) Reprint (Harcourt Brace 1993) young-adult collection of ten stories and seven poems about dragons.
Here There Be Ghosts Jane Yolen (Harcourt Brace 0-15-201566-3, Aug 98 [Sep 98], $19.00, 122pp, hc, cover by David Wilgus) Young-adult original collection of 11 stories (five reprint) and seven poems (one reprint) about ghosts, with introductions to each by Yolen. Illustrated by David Wilgus.
- 1 · It Was the Hour · pm *
- 3 · Ghost Boy · ss *
- 21 · Tombmates · pm Best Witches, G.P. Putnams, 1989
- 22 · Police Report · ss *
- 28 · The White Lady · pm *
- 31 · The Boy Who Sang for Death · ss Dream Weaver, William Collins, 1979
- 39 · Seance for Eight · pm *
- 42 · Mrs. Ambroseworthy · ss Bruce Covilles Book of Ghosts, ed. Bruce Coville, Scholastic/Apple, 1994
- 56 · Night Wolves · ss The Haunted House, ed. Jane Yolen & Martin H. Greenberg, HarperCollins, 1995
- 63 · The Singer of Seeds · ss The Faery Flag, Orchard, 1989
- 71 · In the Silvered Night · pm *
- 73 · Mandy · ss *
- 84 · Haunt · pm *
- 86 · Green Ghosts · ss *
- 95 · Souls · vi *
- 99 · The Moon Ribbon · ss The Moon Ribbon and Other Tales, Curtis Brown, Ltd., 1976
- 110 · Prom Ghost · ss *
- 121 · My Own Ghosts · pm *
Hobby Jane Yolen (Scholastic/Apple 0-590-37118-5, Sep 98 [Aug 98], $3.50, 90pp, tp) [Young Merlin] Reprint (Harcourt Brace 1996) childrens Arthurian novella, second volume in The Young Merlin trilogy.
Merlin Jane Yolen (Scholastic/Apple 0-590-37119-3, Sep 98 [Aug 98], $3.50, 91pp, tp) [Young Merlin] Reprint (Harcourt Brace 1997) childrens Arthurian novella, third volume in The Young Merlin trilogy.
Merlin and the Dragons Jane Yolen (Penguin/Puffin 0-14-055891-8, Oct 98 [Sep 98], $5.99, unpaginated, tp, cover by Li Ming) Reprint (Cobblehill 1995) childrens Arthurian short story about Merlins childhood, illustrated by Li Ming.
The One-Armed Queen Jane Yolen (Tor 0-312-85243-6, Nov 98 [Oct 98], $23.95, 351pp, hc, cover by Dennis Nolan) [Great Alta] Fantasy novel, sequel to Yolens Chronicles of Great Alta. White Jennas adopted, one-armed heir Scillia faces foreign schemes to make her brother king.
Passager Jane Yolen (Scholastic/Apple 0-590-37073-1, Sep 98 [Aug 98], $3.50, 76pp, tp) [Young Merlin] Reprint (Harcourt Brace 1996) childrens Arthurian novella, first volume in The Young Merlin trilogy.
Pegasus, the Flying Horse Jane Yolen (Penguin/Dutton 0-525-65244-2, Oct 98, $16.99, unpaginated, hc, cover by Li Ming) Young-adult picture book retelling of the story of Pegasus. Illustrated by Li Ming.
The Pit Dragon Trilogy Jane Yolen (SFBC #00313, Nov 98, $12.98, 470pp, hc, cover by Bob Eggleton) [Pit Dragon] Omnibus of three young-adult fantasy novels: Dragons Blood (1982), Hearts Blood (1984), and A Sending of Dragons (1987). This special SFBC edition has ISBN 1-56865-900-8, and comes shrinkwrapped with a poster of the cover art.
- vii · Introduction · in
- 1 · Dragons Blood · n. New York: Delacorte, 1982
- 145 · Hearts Blood · n. New York: Delacorte, 1984
- 325 · A Sending of Dragons · n. Julia MacRae Books, 1987
Armageddon Summer Jane Yolen & Bruce Coville (Harcourt Brace 0-15-201767-4, Sep 98, $17.00, 266pp, hc, cover by Kamil Vojnar) Young-adult millennial novel, borderline SF. Two teens meet when a minister has his followers join to prepare for the end of the world on July 27, 2000.
Generation X: Crossroads J. Steven York (Berkley Boulevard 0-425-16631-7, Nov 98 [Oct 98], $6.50, 251pp, pb, cover by Joe Jusko) [Generation X] SF novelization based on the comic book characters. Packaged by Byron Preiss Multimedia; copyrighted by Marvel Characters.
The Bear Comes Home Rafi Zabor (Norton 0-393-04037-2, Aug 97 [Mar 98], $25.00, 480pp, hc) Literary fantasy novel. A Shakespeare-quoting bear is a virtuoso sax player trying to get his life and career together. A first novel by a music journalist. Published in 1997, but not seen until now.
The Bear Comes Home Rafi Zabor (Norton 0-393-31863-X, Sep 98, $15.00, 484pp, tp) Reprint (Norton 1997) literary fantasy novel about a sax-playing bear. Winner of the Pen/Faulkner award.
Star Wars: Specter of the Past Timothy Zahn (SFBC #19975, Jan 98, $10.98, 344pp, hc, cover by Drew Struzan) [Star Wars: Hand of Thrawn] Reprint (Bantam Spectra 1997) Star Wars novelization. This is similar to the Bantam Spectra edition, except it lacks a price and has the SFBC number on the back jacket.
Star Wars: Specter of the Past Timothy Zahn (Bantam Spectra 0-553-29804-6, Sep 98 [Aug 98], $5.99, 386pp, pb, cover by Drew Struzan) [Star Wars: Hand of Thrawn] Reprint (Bantam Spectra 1997) Star Wars novelization. Copyrighted by Lucasfilm.
Star Wars: Vision of the Future Timothy Zahn (Bantam Spectra 0-553-10035-1, Sep 98 [Aug 98], $23.95, 520pp, hc, cover by Drew Struzan) [Star Wars: Hand of Thrawn] Star Wars novelization, sequel to Star Wars: Specter of the Past, second and final book of The Hand of Thrawn. Copyrighted by Lucasfilm.
Star Wars: Vision of the Future Timothy Zahn (SFBC #0135, Dec 98 [Nov 98], $11.98, 520pp, hc, cover by Drew Struzan) [Star Wars: Hand of Thrawn] Reprint (Bantam Spectra 1998) Star Wars novelization, sequel to Star Wars: Specter of the Past. This is similar to the Bantam Spectra edition, except it lacks a price and has the SFBC number on the back jacket.
Brute Orbits George Zebrowski (HarperPrism 0-06-105026-1, Sep 98 [Aug 98], $23.00, 219pp, hc) Near-future SF novel about asteroid-mine prisons.
Donnerjack Roger Zelazny & Jane Lindskold (Avon Eos 0-380-77022-9, Aug 98 [Jul 98], $6.99, 579pp, pb) Reprint (Avon 1997) SF novel.
Coils Roger Zelazny & Fred Saberhagen (Tor 0-812-55877-4, Jan 99 [Dec 98], $5.99, 250pp, pb, cover by David Lee Anderson) Reissue (Tor 1982) SF novel about an intelligent computer. Third printing.
Playing God Sarah Zettel (Warner Aspect 0-446-52322-4, Nov 98 [Oct 98], $22.00, 417pp, hc, cover by Steve Youll) SF novel. Humans try to help restore an alien planets ecology after a history of constant warfare that may not have truly ended.
Playing God Sarah Zettel (SFBC #00615, Jan 99 [Dec 98], $10.98, 417pp, hc, cover by Steve Youll) Reprint (Warner Aspect 1998) SF novel. This is similar to the Warner Aspect edition, except it lacks a price and has the SFBC number on the back jacket.
New Territories: The Computer Visions of Jürgen Ziewe Jürgen Ziewe (Overlook Press 0-87951-811-1, Apr 98 [Mar 98], $22.95, 128pp, tp, cover by Jürgen Ziewe) Art book of computer-generated fantasy art. Text by Nigel Suckling. First US edition (Paper Tiger 1997).
The Last Kabbalist of Lisbon Richard Zimler (Overlook Press 0-87951-834-0, Apr 98 [May 98], $24.95, 318pp, hc, cover by Walter Hellmann) Associational mystery with mild mystical elements. A man is drawn by a vision to investigate his uncles murder during a massacre of Jews in 16th-century Portugal. Although written in English, this was first published in the authors own Portuguese translation in Portugal.
Fairy Tales and Fables from Weimar Days ed. Jack Zipes (University of Wisconsin Press 0-299-15744-X, Sep 97 [Apr 98], $14.95, 211pp, tp) Reprint (University of New England 1989) collection of 27 tales translated by Zipes. This is dated 1997, but not seen until now.
Forrest J Ackermans World of Science Fiction Forrest J Ackerman (Aurum Press 1-85410-573-6, Mar 98, £20.00, 240pp, hc) Reprint (General Publishing Group 1997) non-fiction, a photographic history of SF in print and film. Foreword by John Landis, preface by A.E. van Vogt. [First U.K. edition]
Tales from Watership Down Richard Adams (Puffin UK 0-14-038245-3, Feb 98, £4.99, 248pp, pb, cover by John Butler) [Watership Down] Reprint (Hutchinson 1996) young-adult fantasy collection.
The Cockatrice Boys Joan Aiken (Puffin UK 0-14-130010-8, Aug 98, £4.99, 190pp, pb, cover by Jamie Tanner) Reprint (Gollancz 1996) young-adult fantasy novel of a disrupted England.
The Twinkling of an Eye or My Life as an Englishman Brian Aldiss (Little, Brown UK 0-316-64706-3, Nov 98, £20.00, 484pp, hc) Autobiography of the author, illustrated with eight pages of photographs.
Cyber-Killers ed. Ric Alexander (Orion 0-75281-633-0, May 98, £6.99, x+540pp, pb, cover by Black Sheep) Reprint (Millennium 1997) anthology of 23 SF murder stories involving technology.
The Unexplained: Stories of the Paranormal ed. Ric Alexander (Orion 0-75281-004-9, Apr 98 [Mar 98], £17.99, 433pp, tp) SF/fantasy/dark fantasy anthology of 21 stories, including two originals by Richard Laymon and Graham Masterton, and a Foreword by Peter James. Alexander is a pseudonym of Peter Haining. A trade paperback edition (-005-7, £10.99) was announced but not seen.
- 1 · Foreword · Peter James · fw
- 7 · archive 1: supernatural mysteries
- 9 · The Job · Richard Laymon · ss *
- 23 · The Trespassers [Minuke] · Nigel Kneale · ss Tomato Cain, London: Collins, 1949
- 33 · The Gap · Ramsey Campbell · ss Fantasy Readers Guide #2 80
- 45 · Red Light · David J. Schow · nv Twilight Zone Dec 86
- 63 · archive 2: psychic phenomena
- 65 · The Irish Question · Graham Masterton · na *
- 105 · Girl of My Dreams · Richard Matheson · ss F&SF Oct 63
- 119 · A Modern Magician · Olaf Stapledon · ss F&SF Jul 79
- 129 · Death of a Sensitive · Harry Bates · nv Science Fiction Plus May 53
- 163 · Cassandra · C. J. Cherryh · ss F&SF Oct 78
- 171 · archive 3: alien encounters
- 173 · The Encounter · J. G. Ballard · nv Amazing Jun 63
- 201 · Men Without Bones · Gerald Kersh · ss Esquire Aug 54
- 209 · Goldfish Bowl [as by Anson MacDonald] · Robert A. Heinlein · nv Astounding Mar 42
- 239 · Mewhus Jet · Theodore Sturgeon · nv Astounding Nov 46
- 273 · archive 4: time warps
- 275 · Unicorn Variation · Roger Zelazny · nv IASFM Apr 13 81
- 299 · The New Atlantis · Ursula K. Le Guin · na The New Atlantis, ed. Robert Silverberg, Hawthorne, 1975
- 321 · The Shining Pyramid · Arthur Machen · nv The Unknown World May 15, 1895 (+)
- 341 · The Bride of Bigfoot · Kit Reed · ss IASFM Jul 84
- 351 · archive 5: urban legends
- 353 · Tulips from Amsterdam · Ian Watson · ss Interzone Aug 96
- 367 · Out of the Fog · Basil Copper · ss Argosy (UK) Sep 70
- 381 · The Forbidden · Clive Barker · nv Clive Barkers Books of Blood v5, Sphere, 1985
- 419 · Croatoan · Harlan Ellison · ss F&SF May 75
Star Wars: X-Wing Book Five: Wraith Squadron Aaron Allston (Bantam UK 0-553-50599-8, Mar 98 [Feb 98], £5.99, 403pp, pb, cover by Paul Youll) [Star Wars: X-Wing] Star Wars novelization. Simultaneous with the US (Bantam Spectra) edition.
Star Wars: X-Wing Book Six: Iron Fist Aaron Allston (Bantam UK 0-553-50600-5, Jul 98, £5.99, 310pp, pb, cover by Paul Youll) [Star Wars: X-Wing] Star Wars novelisation. Simultaneous with the US (Bantam Spectra) edition.
Superstition David Ambrose (Pan 0-330-36744-7, Jul 98 [Sep 98], £5.99, 419pp, pb) Reprint (Macmillan UK 1997) SF/supernatural novel.
Resurrection, Inc. Kevin J. Anderson (HarperCollins/Voyager 0-00-648307-0, Jun 98 [May 98], £5.99, 304pp, pb, cover by Chris Moore) Reprint (NAL Signet 1988) SF novel. [First U.K. edition]
The X-Files: Antibodies Kevin J. Anderson (HarperCollins/Voyager 0-00-648252-X, Mar 98, £5.99, 277pp, pb, cover by Tony Mauro) [X-Files] Reprint (Voyager 1997) original novel based on the Chris Carter series. Volume V in the series.
Thirsty Matthew T. Anderson (Walker UK 0-7445-4071-2, Nov 97 [Mar 98], £8.99, 239pp, hc, cover by Les Edwards) Reprint (Candlewick Press 1997) young-adult dark fantasy novel. A teenage boy tries to avoid becoming a vampire. [First U.K. edition]
Thirsty Matthew T. Anderson (Walker UK 0-7445-6014-4, Jul 98, £3.99, 239pp, pb, cover by Les Edwards) Reprint (Walker 1997) young-adult horror novel.
Blackthorn, Whitethorn Rachel Anderson (Hodder Childrens Books 0-340-68127-6, Nov 97 [Jan 98], £3.99, 150pp, tp, cover by Tim Clarey) Young-adult ghost novel.
Heart Song The New Virginia Andrews (Simon & Schuster UK 0-684-82106-0, Jan 98 [Apr 98], £9.99, 378pp, tp) [Logan Family] Reprint (Pocket 1997) associational gothic horror novel. Second in new Logan series after Melody. The author is probably still Andrew Niederman.
Melody The New Virginia Andrews (Pocket UK 0-671-85573-5, Jan 98 [Apr 98], £5.99, 373pp, pb, cover by Max Schindler) [Logan Family] Reprint (Pocket 1996) associational gothic horror novel. First in the new Logan series. The author is probably still Andrew Niederman.
Music in the Night The New Virginia Andrews (Simon & Schuster UK 0-684-82109-5, Jul 98, £16.99, 315pp, hc, cover by Max Schindler) [Logan Family] Reprint (Pocket 1998) associational gothic horror novel. Fourth in the Logan Family series. The author is probably still Andrew Niederman. [First U.K. edition]
Unfinished Symphony The New Virginia Andrews (Simon & Schuster UK 0-684-82107-9, Jan 98, £16.99, 344pp, hc, cover by Max Schindler) [Logan Family] Reprint (Pocket 1997) associational gothic horror novel, third in the Logan Family series after Melody and Heart Song. The author is probably still Andrew Niederman. [First U.K. edition]
Doctor Who: Kursaal Peter Anghelides (BBC Books 0-563-40578-3, Jan 98, £4.99, 282pp, pb) [Doctor Who] Novelization based on the TV series.
The Last Rune, Book One: Beyond the Pale Mark Anthony (Earthlight 0-684-85167-9, Nov 98 [Oct 98], £9.99, 527pp, tp, cover by Steve Youll) [Last Rune] Fantasy novel, first in a four-book series. A doctor and a barkeep are transported from Earth into a realm about to suffer the return of the Pale King. Simultaneous with the US (Bantam) edition.
Predator: Cold War Nathan Archer (Orion/Millennium 0-75281-653-5, Jun 98, £4.99, 265pp, pb, cover by Dimitri Patelis) [Predator] Reprint (Bantam Spectra 1997) novelization based on the SF movie and Dark Horse Comics series. Copyrighted by Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. Archer is a pseudonym of Lawrence Watt-Evans. [First U.K. edition]
Predator: Concrete Jungle Nathan Archer (Orion/Millennium 0-75281-654-3, Jun 98, £4.99, 326pp, pb, cover by Dimitri Patelis) [Predator] Reissue (Bantam Spectra; Millennium 1995) SF novelization. Archer is a pseudonym of Lawrence Watt-Evans.
The Harlequins Dance Tom Arden (Gollancz/Vista 0-575-60192-2, Oct 98, £6.99, 572pp, pb, cover by Kevin Jenkins) [The Orokon] Reprint (Gollancz 1997) fantasy novel, first book of The Orokon.
The King and Queen of Swords Tom Arden (Gollancz 0-575-06371-8, Oct 98, £16.99, 528pp, hc, cover by Kevin Jenkins) [The Orokon] Fantasy novel. Sequel to The Harlequins Dance, second book of The Orokon.
The Lost Child Sarah Ash (Orion 1-85798-424-2, Mar 98 [Feb 98], £9.99, 344pp, tp) Fantasy novel based on the myths of the Jewish diaspora. A hardcover edition (-423-4, £16.99) was cancelled.
The Lost Child Sarah Ash (Orion 0-75281-683-7, Sep 98, £6.99, 344pp, pb) Reprint (Orion 1998) fantasy novel based on the myths of the Jewish diaspora.
The Engineer Neal Asher (Tanjen 1-901530-08-6, Mar 98 [Jul 98], £6.99, 214pp, tp) Original SF/horror collection of the title novella, and six short stories. Only two seem to be reprints. Available from Turnaround, Unit 3, Olympia Trading Estate, Coburg Road, Wood Green, London N22 6TZ.
- 9 · The Engineer · n. *
- 97 · Snairls · ss Grotesque #10 96
- 111 · Spatterjay [Splatterjay] · ss Grotesque #8 95
- 127 · Jable Sharks · ss *
- 139 · The Thrake · ss *
- 155 · Proctors · ss *
- 183 · The Owner · ss *
Heroic Adventure Stories: From the Golden Age of Greece and Rome ed. Mike Ashley (Robinson 1-85487-865-4, Jan 98, £6.99, xii+516pp, tp) Reprint (Past Times 1996 as Classical Stories: Heroic Tales from Ancient Greece and Rome) associational anthology of stories. Includes stories by Darrell Schweitzer, Thomas Burnett Swann, E.C. Tubb, and L. Sprague de Camp. This edition adds stories and extracts by Herodotus, Lawrence, Day, Gautier, Bulwer-Lytton, Spero, Marchmont, and Benson; and an original story by Tom Holt. A simultaneous Magpie edition (export-only as Giant Book of Heroic Adventure Stories) was not seen.
- v · The Golden Age · Mike Ashley · in Classical Stories, ed. Mike Ashley, Past Times, 1996
- vii · The Fiction of History · Mary Renault · ar The London Magazine Mar 79
- 1 · Paris and Helen [from Helen] · Edward Lucas White · ex London: Cape, 1925
- 17 · No Place Like Home · Tom Holt · ss *
- 25 · The Thread · Vera Chapman · ss The Phoenix Tree, ed. Robert H. Boyer & Kenneth J. Zahorski, Avon Books, 1980
- 36 · Where Is the Bird of Fire? [Mellonia] · Thomas Burnett Swann · na Science-Fantasy #52 62
- 81 · The Story of Gyges [from The History of Herodotus] · Herodotus; trans. by George Rawlinson · ss, 1858
- 85 · The Slave of Marathon · Arthur D. Howden Smith · nv Adventure Jul 23 26
- 105 · The Kidnapping [from The Gate of Yesterday] · Margery Lawrence · ex London: Robert Hale, 1960
- 124 · The Wearer of Purple · Pierre Louÿs · ss The Collected Works of Pierre Louÿs, Liveright, 1932
- 143 · The Gods Play for High Stakes · Langston Day · nv Magic Casements, Rider, 1951
- 167 · The Horse from Thessaly · Mary Renault · ss The Twelfth Man, ed. Martin Boddey, Cassell, 1971
- 176 · The Banquet of Death · Peter Tremayne · ss Classical Stories, ed. Mike Ashley, Past Times, 1996
- 195 · The Preparation [from The Conquered] · Naomi Mitchison · ex London: Cape, 1923
- 211 · The Mountain Wolves · John Maddox Roberts · nv Classical Stories, ed. Mike Ashley, Past Times, 1996
- 245 · The Rise of Augustus [from Augustus] · Allan Massie · ex London: The Bodley Head, 1989
- 264 · One of Cleopatras Nights · Théophile Gautier · nv One of Cleopatras Nights and Other Fantastic Romances, New York: B. Worthington, 1882
- 294 · The Chariot Race [from Ben-Hur, or The Days of the Messiah] · Lew Wallace · ex, 1880
- 313 · Caligula the God [from I, Claudius] · Robert Graves · ex London: A. Barker, 1934
- 327 · Betrayed · Juliet Dymoke · ss Classical Stories, ed. Mike Ashley, Past Times, 1996; adapted from Prisoner of Rome, 1975.
- 344 · Captain Leopard · L. Sprague de Camp · ss Classical Stories, ed. Mike Ashley, Past Times, 1996
- 351 · Sword of Freedom · E. C. Tubb · ss Classical Stories, ed. Mike Ashley, Past Times, 1996; revised extract from Atilus the Gladiator, Futura Books, 1975.
- 360 · The Last Letter · Derek Wilson · ss Classical Stories, ed. Mike Ashley, Past Times, 1996
- 379 · The Last Day of Pompeii [from The Last Days of Pompeii] · Edward Bulwer-Lytton · ex, 1834
- 405 · Marcellus Takes the Biscuit [Marcellus] · Leopold Spero · ss Chambers Magazine May 45
- 419 · Fortunatus · R. H. Stewart · nv Classical Stories, ed. Mike Ashley, Past Times, 1996
- 446 · The Walking Walls of Rome · Keith Taylor · nv Classical Stories, ed. Mike Ashley, Past Times, 1996
- 467 · Æolf the Martyr · A. W. Marchmont · ss The Royal Magazine Nov, 1898
- 473 · The Temple of Death · A. C. Benson · ss The Hill of Trouble, London: Isbister, 1903
- 487 · The Great World and the Small · Darrell Schweitzer · ss MZBFM Win 93
- 499 · The Crown of the Golden Chain [Lady Zoë] · Max Pemberton · ss Pearsons Magazine (US) Oct 01