Next -- Table-of-Contents
The Locus Index to Science Fiction: 2003
Previous -- Table-of-Contents
Magicians Circle: More Spellbinding Stories of Wizards & Wizardry ed. Peter Haining (Souvenir Press 0-285-63681-2, Oct 2003, £9.99, 268pp, hc, cover by Arnaud Crémet) Young-adult anthology of 14 stories and novel extracts, each with an introduction and afterword by Haining. Authors include Philip Pullman, Peter S. Beagle, and H.G. Wells.
- 9 · The Spell of Magic · Peter Haining · in
- 17 · A Course in Magic [Professor de Lara] · E. Nesbit · nv
- 38 · Doctor Cadaverezzis Magic Show [from Count Karlstein or The Ride of the Demon Huntsman] · Philip Pullman · ex Doubleday UK, 1991
- 46 · The Magic Fish-Bone [part of Holiday Romance] · Charles Dickens · ss Our Young Folks Jan-May, 1868
- 61 · The Magician of Karakosk [world of The Inkeepers Song] · Peter S. Beagle · nv David Copperfields Beyond Imagination, ed. David Copperfield, Janet Berliner & Martin H. Greenberg, HarperPrism, 1996
- 94 · Elphenor and Weasel · Sylvia Townsend Warner · ss New Yorker Dec 16 74
- 115 · The Rule of Names [Earthsea] · Ursula K. Le Guin · ss Fantastic Apr 64
- 131 · The Magic Shop · H. G. Wells · ss The Strand Jun 03
- 147 · The Magic Bonbons · L. Frank Baum · ss American Fairy Tales, George M. Hill: Chicago, 1901
- 157 · The Day Boy and the Night Girl [The Romance of Photogen and Nycteris] · George MacDonald · nv The Graphic Christmas, 1879
- 212 · The Magic Child-Killer [from The Witches] · Roald Dahl · ex Jonathan Cape, 1983
- 222 · The April Witch · Ray Bradbury · ss The Saturday Evening Post Apr 5 52
- 237 · Ms Wiz, Supermodel [Ms Wiz] · Terence Blacker · ss Macmillan UK
- 248 · Works Like Magic · Jacqueline Wilson · ss; Original in Video Rose (Blackie Childrens Books) date unknown.
- 256 · Feel Free · Alan Garner · ss, 1967
- 269 · Acknowledgements · Misc. · ms
The Wizards Den: Spellbinding Stories of Magic and Magicians ed. Peter Haining (Souvenir Press 0-285-63677-4, Oct 2003, £6.99, 255pp, tp, cover by Antony Wootten) Reprint (Souvenir Press 2001) young-adult anthology of 15 fantasy stories.
All My Sins Remembered Joe Haldeman (Orion/Gollancz 0-575-07281-4, Oct 2003, £9.99, 184pp, tp, cover by Chris Moore) Reprint (St. Martins 1977) SF fix-up novel. A Gollancz SF Collectors Edition.
A Caress of Twilight Laurell K. Hamilton (Transworld/Bantam UK 0-553-81384-6, Mar 2003, £6.99, 441pp, pb, cover by Jonathan Ring) [Meredith Gentry, PI] Reprint (Ballantine 2002) dark fantasy novel, second in the Meredith Gentry series after A Kiss of Shadows.
Cerulean Sins Laurell K. Hamilton (Time Warner UK/Orbit 1-84149-139-X, May 2003, £10.99, 470pp, tp, cover by Steve Stone) [Anita Blake] Reprint (Berkley 2003) dark fantasy detective novel, eleventh in the series featuring Anita Blake, vampire hunter.
Cerulean Sins Laurell K. Hamilton (Time Warner UK/Orbit 1-84149-201-9, Dec 2003, £6.99, 470pp, pb, cover by Steve Stone) [Anita Blake] Reprint (Berkley 2003) dark fantasy detective novel, 11th in the series featuring Anita Blake, vampire hunter.
Misspent Youth Peter F. Hamilton (Macmillan/Pan 0-330-48022-7, Jul 2003, £6.99, 439pp, pb, cover by blacksheep & ImageState) Reprint (Macmillan UK 2002) near-future SF novel about a rejuvenated man.
The Matewix Charlie Hamilton-James (HarperCollins UK 0-00-717690-2, Oct 2003, £6.99, 282pp, hc, cover by Bob Lea) Humorous parody of The Matrix. A mini-hardback edition.
Bibliomancy Elizabeth Hand (PS Publishing 1-902880-73-0, Oct 2003, £35.00, 296pp, hc, cover by John Anster Fitzgerald) Collection of four novellas. Introduction by Lucius Shepard. This is a signed limited edition of 500; a deluxe slipcased edition of 200 (-74-9, £60.00) signed by both Hand and Shepard is also available. Available from Hamilton House, 4 Park Ave., Harrogate, HG2 9BQ UK; [www.pspublishing.co.uk].
- 5 · Introduction · Lucius Shepard · in
- 11 · Cleopatra Brimstone · na Redshift: Extreme Visions of Speculative Fiction, ed. Al Sarrantonio, Penguin/Roc, 2001
- 69 · Pavane for a Prince of the Air · na
- 101 · Chip Crocketts Christmas Carol · nv Sci Fiction website Dec 6, 2000 (+3)
- 229 · The Least Trumps · na Conjunctions #39, 2002
- 289 · Story Notes · ms
Tales of Protection Erik Fosnes Hansen (Random House/Vintage UK 0-09-944264-7, Oct 2003, £7.99, 500pp, tp) Reprint (Farrar, Straus and Giroux 2002) literary fantasy novel translated from the Norwegian (1998).
Light M. John Harrison (Orion/Gollancz 0-575-07403-5, Sep 2003, £6.99, 320pp, tp, cover by Chris Moore) [Light] Reprint (Gollancz 2002) SF novel.
The Mammoth Book of the Science Fiction Century: Volume One ed. David G. Hartwell (Robinson 1-84119-513-8, Apr 2003, £6.99, xix+586pp, tp) Reprint (Tor 1997 as half of The Science Fiction Century) anthology, selecting 23 stories from the original 45. Each story is introduced by a brief discussion of the authors work.
- xv · Introduction · David G. Hartwell · in
- 1 · Beam Us Home · James Tiptree, Jr. · ss Galaxy Apr 69
- 15 · The Music Master of Babylon · Edgar Pangborn · nv Galaxy Nov 54
- 40 · Hot Planet · Hal Clement · nv Galaxy Aug 63
- 61 · The Hounds of Tindalos · Frank Belknap Long · ss Weird Tales Mar 29
- 75 · The Angel of Violence · Adam Wisniewski-Snerg; trans. by Tomasz Mirkowicz · ss *; Copyrighted 1996. Commissioned for this anthology.
- 87 · Nobody Bothers Gus [as by Paul Janvier] · Algis Budrys · ss Astounding Nov 55; Copyrighted 1996. Revised for this anthology.
- 100 · As Easy as A.B.C. · Rudyard Kipling · nv The London Magazine Mar 12 (+1)
- 126 · Ginungagap · Michael Swanwick · nv TriQuarterly #49 80
- 156 · Minister Without Portfolio · Mildred Clingerman · ss F&SF Feb 52
- 164 · Time in Advance · William Tenn · nv Galaxy Aug 56
- 191 · Good Night, Sophie · Lino Aldani; trans. by L. K. Conrad · nv View from Another Shore, ed. Franz Rottensteiner, Seabury Press, 1973; Buonanotte Sofia, Futuro #1, Mar/Apr 63, as by N.L. Janda.
- 215 · Fire Watch · Connie Willis · nv IASFM Feb 15 82
- 251 · Goat Song · Poul Anderson · nv F&SF Feb 72
- 283 · The Scarlet Plague · Jack London · nv The London Magazine Jun 12
- 327 · Repent, Harlequin! Said the Ticktockman · Harlan Ellison · ss Galaxy Dec 65
- 339 · Bloods a Rover · Chad Oliver · nv Astounding May 52
- 382 · Sail the Tide of Mourning [Bentfin Boomers] · Richard A. Lupoff · ss New Dimensions 5, ed. Robert Silverberg, Harper & Row, 1975
- 399 · Great Work of Time · John Crowley · na Novelty, Foundation, 1989
- 470 · The Dimple in Draco · Philip Latham · ss Orbit 2, ed. Damon Knight, Berkley Medallion, 1967
- 484 · Consider Her Ways · John Wyndham · na Sometime, Never, ed. Anon., Eyre & Spottiswoode, 1956
- 539 · Something Ending · Eddy C. Bertin · ss New Worlds from the Lowlands, ed. Manuel van Loggem, Merrick, 1982; Het einde van iets, Morgen 5, 1973
- 548 · Sundance · Robert Silverberg · ss F&SF Jun 69
- 563 · Swarm [Mechanist-Shapers] · Bruce Sterling · nv F&SF Apr 82
Bored of the Rings The Harvard Lampoon (Orion/Gollancz 0-575-07312-8, Oct 2003, £5.99, 228pp, pb, cover by Douglas Carrel) Reprint (Signet 1969) humorous fantasy novel, a parody of Lord of the Rings. Written by Henry Beard and Douglas Kenney, editors of the satirical magazine.
Naked Brunch Sparkle Hayter (No Exit Press 1-84243-054-8, Feb 2003, £6.99, 318pp, pb) Reprint (No Exit Press 2002) satirical contemporary fairy tale involving werewolves. An export-only edition (same details) scheduled for November 2002 was not seen.
Follow Me Down Julie Hearn (Oxford University Press 0-19-271927-0, Jul 2003, £9.99, 269pp, hc) Young-adult fantasy timeslip novel. A young boy travels back to the time of freak shows. A first novel.
Across the Nightingale Floor Lian Hearn (Picador 0-330-49334-5, Jun 2003, £6.99, 309pp, tp) [Tales of the Otori] Reprint (Riverhead; Macmillan UK 2002) young-adult fantasy novel set in a mythic Japan, the first book of Tales of the Otori. Lian Hearn is a pseudonym of Gillian Rubenstein.
Grass for His Pillow Lian Hearn (Macmillan UK 1-4050-0582-3, Sep 2003, £12.99, 305pp, hc) [Tales of the Otori] Reprint (Riverhead 2003) young-adult Japanese fantasy novel, second in the Tales of the Otori series. Lian Hearn is a pseudonym of Gillian Rubenstein. A trade paperback edition (-0583-1) was announced but not seen.
Bright Angel Carol Hedges (Oxford University Press 0-19-275282-0, Aug 2003, £4.99, 185pp, tp, cover by Simon Fraser) Reprint (Oxford University Press 2002) young-adult fantasy novel.
The Day After Tomorrow Robert A. Heinlein (Hale, Robert 0-7090-7140-X, Jun 2003, £17.99, 207pp, hc, cover by Derek Colligan) Reprint (Gnome 1949 as Sixth Column) SF novel.
Podkayne of Mars Robert A. Heinlein (Hale, Robert 0-7090-7139-6, Jan 2003, £17.99, 204pp, hc, cover by Michael Thomas) Reprint (Putnam 1963) young-adult SF novel. Copyrighted 1963, 2003, although it seems to be the 1963 text.
Dune: The Butlerian Jihad Brian Herbert & Kevin J. Anderson (Hodder Headline/NEL 0-340-82332-1, Apr 2003, £7.99, 616pp, pb, cover by Chris Moore) [Dune] Reprint (Hodder & Stoughton 2002) SF novel; first in the Legends of Dune prequel series set 10,000 years before Frank Herberts Dune series. Copyrighted by Herbert Limited Partnership.
Legends of Dune 2: The Machine Crusade Brian Herbert & Kevin J. Anderson (Hodder & Stoughton 0-340-82334-8, Sep 2003, £10.99, 664pp, tp, cover by Chris Moore) [Dune] SF novel in the Dune series. Copyrighted by Herbert Enterprises LLC. A hardcover edition (-82333-X, £18.99) is also available. Simultaneous with the US (Tor) edition.
Chapter House Dune Frank Herbert (Orion/Gollancz 0-575-07518-X, Aug 2003, £6.99, 476pp, pb, cover by Robert Nicholls) [Dune] Reprint (Gollancz 1985) SF novel, sixth in the Dune series. Includes an afterword tribute to Herberts late wife.
Children of Dune Frank Herbert (Orion/Gollancz 0-575-07490-6, Mar 2003, £6.99, 426pp, pb, cover by Robert Nicholls) [Dune] Reprint (Putnam 1976) SF novel, third in the Dune series.
God Emperor of Dune Frank Herbert (Orion/Gollancz 0-575-07506-6, Mar 2003, £6.99, 454pp, pb, cover by Robert Nicholls) [Dune] Reprint (Putnam 1981) SF novel, fourth in the Dune series.
Heretics of Dune Frank Herbert (Orion/Gollancz 0-575-07489-2, Aug 2003, £6.99, 508pp, pb, cover by Robert Nicholls) [Dune] Reprint (Gollancz; Putnam 1984) SF novel, fifth in the Dune series.
Nobody True James Herbert (Macmillan UK 1-405-00519-X, Sep 2003, £17.99, 394pp, hc, cover by blacksheep) Horror novel. A mans spirit investigates his own murder.
The Fall of Lautun Marcus Herniman (Simon & Schuster/Earthlight 0-7434-1512-4, Oct 2003, £6.99, iv+493pp, pb, cover by Chris Moore) [Arrandin] Fantasy novel, the third book in the Arrandin trilogy.
Fremder Russell Hoban (Bloomsbury 0-7475-6164-8, Oct 2003, £6.99, 184pp, tp) Reprint (Jonathan Cape 1996) SF novel set in a dystopian future.
Fools Fate Robin Hobb (HarperCollins/Voyager 0-00-224728-3, Oct 2003, £18.99, ii+805pp, hc, cover by John Howe) [Tawny Man] Fantasy novel, third in The Tawny Man trilogy set in the same world as the Farseer and Liveship Traders series. Hobb is a pseudonym for Megan Lindholm.
The Golden Fool Robin Hobb (HarperCollins/Voyager 0-00-711057-X, Mar 2003, £11.99, 632pp, tp, cover by John Howe) [Tawny Man] Reprint (Voyager 2002) fantasy novel, second in The Tawny Man series set in the same world as the Farseer and Liveship Traders series. Hobb is a pseudonym for Megan Lindholm.
The Golden Fool Robin Hobb (HarperCollins/Voyager 0-00-648602-9, Oct 2003, £7.99, 712pp, pb, cover by John Howe) [Tawny Man] Reprint (Voyager 2002) fantasy novel, the second book of The Tawny Man trilogy, set in the same world as the Farseer and Liveship Traders series. Hobb is a pseudonym for Megan Lindholm.
The Sands of Time Michael Hoeye (Penguin/Puffin UK 0-670-91307-3, Jul 2003, £9.99, 277pp, hc, cover by Christopher Inns) [Hermux Tantamoq] Reprint (Terfle Books 2001) young-adult talking-animal fantasy mystery novel in the Hermux Tantamoq series, sequel to Time Stops for No Mouse. Mouse watchmaker Hermux joins a search for the lost tomb of the legendary King of the Cats.
Time Stops for No Mouse Michael Hoeye (Penguin/Puffin UK 0-14-131512-1, Jan 2003, £4.99, 262pp, tp, cover by Christopher Inns) [Hermux Tantamoq] Reprint (Terfle Books 2000) young-adult animal fantasy novel. First in the Hermux Tantamoq series.
Aquamarine Alice Hoffman (Egmont 1-4052-0363-3, Mar 2003, £6.99, 105pp, tp) Reprint (Scholastic 2001) young-adult fantasy novella. Two girls try to help a mermaid stranded in a swimming pool by a storm. Illustrations by Lee Gibbons.
The Probable Future Alice Hoffman (Chatto & Windus 0-7011-7512-5, Oct 2003, £10.99, 322pp, tp) Reprint (Doubleday 2003) fantasy novel.
The Secret: A Fable for our Time Eva Hoffman (Random House/Vintage UK 0-09-942845-8, Jan 2003, £6.99, 264pp, tp) Reprint (Secker & Warburg 2001) near-future dynastic thriller about human cloning.
Stravaganza: City of Masks Mary Hoffman (Bloomsbury 0-7475-5533-8, Feb 2003, £10.99, 345pp, hc, cover by Ian Butterworth & Canaletto) [Stravaganza] Reissue (Bloomsbury 2002) young-adult fantasy parallel-Earth novel. First of a trilogy. Third printing.
Stravaganza: City of Masks Mary Hoffman (Bloomsbury 0-7475-6219-9, Jul 2003, £5.99, 345pp, tp, cover by Ian Butterworth) [Stravaganza] Reprint (Bloomsbury 2002) young-adult fantasy timeslip novel, the first in a series.
Stravaganza: City of Stars Mary Hoffman (Bloomsbury 0-7475-6123-0, Sep 2003, £12.99, 459pp, hc, cover by Carol Lawson) [Stravaganza] Young-adult fantasy timeslip novel, sequel to Stravaganza: City of Masks.
The Waterbearer Dianne Hofmeyr (Hodder Silver 0-340-85444-8, Apr 2003, £5.99, 198pp, tp, cover by Tracey Hurst & Jerry Paris) Young-adult fantasy novel.
Smallville: Hauntings Nancy Holder (Time Warner UK/Orbit 1-84149-248-5, Jan 2003, £5.99, 280pp, pb) [Smallville] Reprint (Warner Aspect 2002) novelization based on the TV series.
The Hollowing Robert Holdstock (Simon & Schuster/Earthlight 0-7434-4079-X, Mar 2003, £6.99, 314pp, pb, cover by Larry Rostant) [Mythago] Reprint (HarperCollins UK 1993) fantasy novel in the Mythago series.
The Iron Grail Robert Holdstock (Simon & Schuster/Earthlight 0-7434-4032-3, Aug 2003, £6.99, 416pp, pb, cover by Larry Rostant) [Merlin Codex] Reprint (Earthlight UK 2002) fantasy novel, Book Two of The Merlin Codex.
Lavondyss Robert Holdstock (Simon & Schuster/Earthlight 0-7434-4078-1, Mar 2003, £6.99, 475pp, pb, cover by Larry Rostant) [Mythago] Reprint (Gollancz 1988) fantasy novel in the Mythago series. Interior illustrations by Alan Lee.
A Song for Nero Thomas Holt (Little, Brown UK 0-316-86113-8, Jan 2003, £16.99, 470pp, hc, cover by Larry Rostant) Associational historical novel with elements of secret history. Nero did not die by his own hand, but instead escaped to a life of music.
Little People Tom Holt (Time Warner UK/Orbit 1-84149-185-3, Mar 2003, £6.99, 374pp, pb, cover by Paul Cemmick) Reprint (Orbit 2002) humorous fantasy novel of a man who can see elves.
The Portable Door Tom Holt (Time Warner UK/Orbit 1-84149-158-6, Mar 2003, £16.99, 404pp, hc, cover by Paul Cemmick) [Paul Carpenter] Humorous fantasy novel. Paul Carpenter gets a new job with a firm of sorcerers.
The Scabbards Song: Book Three of The Red Pavilions Kim Hunter (Orbit 1-84149-187-X, Nov 2003, £10.99, 330pp, tp, cover by blacksheep) Fantasy novel. Last in a trilogy after Knights Dawn and Wizards Funeral.
Wizards Funeral Kim Hunter (Time Warner UK/Orbit 1-84149-143-8, Jan 2003, £6.99, 343pp, pb, cover by Black Sheep) [Red Pavilions] Reprint (Orbit 2002) fantasy novel, second in The Red Pavilions after Knights Dawn.
Sorcerers of the Nightwing: Demon Witch Geoffrey Huntingdon (Scholastic Press UK 0-439-97808-4, Oct 2003, £4.99, 292pp, pb, cover by Cliff Nielsen) [Sorcerers of the Nightwing] Reprint (Regan Books 2003) young-adult dark fantasy novel, second in the Sorcerers of the Nightwing series. Devon March, still learning his new powers, must fight a 500-year-old evil. Huntington is a pseudonym of William J. Mann.
Sorcerers of the Nightwing: Hellhole Geoffrey Huntingdon (Scholastic Press UK 0-439-98260-X, May 2003, £4.99, 303pp, tp, cover by Cliff Nielsen) Reprint (ReganBooks 2002 as Sorcerers of the Nightwing) young-adult dark fantasy novel, the first in the Ravenscliff series. Devon March is sent to live in a New England mansion built over a hellhole. Huntingdon is a pen name for William J. Mann.
Hell to Pay Shaun Hutson (Time Warner UK 0-316-86077-8, Aug 2003, £15.99, 373pp, hc, cover by Larry Rostant) Dark fantasy novel of loan-sharking, paedophilia, kidnap, murder, and genetic tragedy.
Hybrid Shaun Hutson (Time Warner UK 0-7515-3308-4, Apr 2003, £6.99, 461pp, pb, cover by Larry Rostant) Reprint (Time Warner 2002) dark fantasy novel.
Geomancer Ian Irvine (Time Warner UK/Orbit 1-84149-137-3, Jul 2003, £7.99, 621pp, pb, cover by Lee Gibbons) [Three Worlds: Well of Echoes] Reprint (Viking Australia 2001) fantasy novel, the first volume of The Well of Echoes set in The Three Worlds.
Tetrarch Ian Irvine (Time Warner UK/Orbit 1-84149-210-8, Aug 2003, £12.99, vi+692pp, tp, cover by Lee Gibbons) [Three Worlds: Well of Echoes] Reprint (Penguin Books Australia 2002) fantasy novel. The second volume of The Well of Echoes quartet, set in the Three Worlds.
The Queen of Freedom Trilogy: The Flaming Sword Christian Jacq (Simon & Schuster UK 0-7432-3943-1, Mar 2003, £10.99, 310pp, tp, cover by blacksheep) [Queen of Freedom] Historical fantasy novel. Last in a trilogy. Translated from the original (LEpée Flamboyante (XO Editions 2002) by Sue Dyson. A hardcover edition (-3079-5, £17.99) was announced but not seen.
The War of the Crowns Christian Jacq (Simon & Schuster UK 0-7432-3082-5, Jan 2003, £10.99, 312pp, tp, cover by blacksheep) [Queen of Freedom] Historical fantasy novel, the second in The Queen of Freedom trilogy. Translated from the French La Guerre des Couronnes (XO Editions 2002) by Sue Dyson. A hardcover edition (-3083-3, £17.99) was announced but not seen.
The Angels Command Brian Jacques (Penguin/Puffin UK 0-670-91323-5, Sep 2003, £12.99, 374pp, hc) [Ben and Ned] Reprint (Philomel 2003) young-adult fantasy novel, sequel to Castaways of the Flying Dutchman.
Triss Brian Jacques (Penguin/Puffin UK 0-141-31280-7, Mar 2003, £5.99, 402pp, pb, cover by David Wyatt) [Redwall] Reprint (Viking Childrens Books 2002) young-adult animal fantasy novel, 15th in the Redwall series.
Triss Brian Jacques (Penguin UK 0-141-01282-X, Sep 2003, £4.99, 402pp, pb, cover by Mel Grant) [Redwall] Reprint (Philomel 2002) fantasy novel. Book 15 in the series.
The Mammoth Book of Future Cops ed. Maxim Jakubowski & M. Christian (Robinson 1-84119-502-2, Mar 2003, £6.99, xii+498pp, tp, cover by Joe Roberts) Anthology of 33 stories, 14 original. Authors with original stories include Paul McAuley, ONeil De Noux, and Liz Evans.
- x · Introduction · Maxim Jakubowski & M. Christian · in
- 1 · Celebrate the Bullet · Richard Paul Russo · nv IASFM mid-Dec 91
- 27 · Glass Earth, Inc. · Stephen Baxter · ss Future Histories, ed. Stephen McClelland, Horizon House (UK), 1997
- 49 · Footprint on Nowhere Beach · Conrad Williams · nv *
- 78 · The Shape of Murder · Ian Watson · ss Odyssey #4 98
- 94 · The Incorporated · John Shirley · ss IASFM Jul 85
- 111 · Seiza · Steven Schwartz · ss *
- 126 · Axl Against The Immortals · Jon Courtenay-Grimwood · ss *
- 134 · Offenders · Mat Coward · ss *
- 151 · Violation · William F. Nolan · ss Future City, ed. Roger Elwood, Trident, 1973
- 156 · Needle Taste · M. Christian · ss, 2001; First appeared on www.erratta.com.
- 170 · An End to Hunger · China Miéville · ss New English Library Book of Internet Stories, ed. Maxim Jakubowski, NEL, 2000
- 185 · A Scanner Darkly [Ch. 4 from A Scanner Darkly] · Philip K. Dick · ex Garden City, NY: Doubleday, 1977
- 200 · The Mojave Two-Step · Norman Partridge · ss Future Crimes, ed. Martin H. Greenberg & John Helfers, DAW, 1999
- 213 · Blood Sisters · Joe Haldeman · nv Playboy Jul 79
- 229 · Heartache · Stuart Young · ss *
- 242 · Mindstalker · Martin Edwards · ss *
- 252 · Thighs · Melanie Fogel · ss *
- 259 · The Uncertainty Principle · John Moralee · ss *
- 278 · Prison Dreams [Fairyland] · Paul McAuley · nv F&SF Apr 92; as Paul J. McAuley on Contents page.
- 304 · Three Bananas · Larry Tritten · nv Twilight Zone Mar 82
- 321 · You Never Know · Carol Anne Davis · ss Nasty Piece of Work #12 99
- 328 · Play Nice · J. E. Ashley · ss *
- 339 · Me and My Shadow · Mike Resnick · ss Unauthorized Autobiographies and Other Curiosities, London: MacDonald Futura Publishers Ltd., 1984
- 354 · Gone Bush · Chris Amies · ss *
- 365 · Digital Honey · Liz Evans · ss *
- 382 · Blankie · Paul Di Filippo · nv Ribofunk, Four Walls Eight Windows, 1996
- 398 · No Better Than Anyone Else · Molly Brown · ss Interzone Apr 93
- 411 · So Napoleon Almost Slept Here, Right? · ONeil De Noux · ss *
- 9412 · Professionals · Keith Brooke · ss Interzone Aug 94
- 444 · Fishing · Jay Caselberg · ss *
- 456 · In Silver A · Cecilia Tan · nv Black Feathers: Erotic Dreams, HarperPerennial, 1998
- 474 · Sleep That Burns · Jerry Sykes · ss Crime Time v2 #1 98
- 490 · Ravens · Stephen Dedman · ss Interzone Feb, 2001