Next -- Table-of-Contents
The Locus Index to Science Fiction: 1984-1998
Previous -- Table-of-Contents
Ladies Night Jack Ketchum (Silver Salamander Press, Jan 98 [Sep 98], $15.00, 175pp, tp, cover by Neal McPheeters) Associational horror novel. This signed, limited edition of 500 is copyrighted 1997, but not seen until now. Also announced, but not seen: 50 leatherbound ($65.00), and 300 hardcover ($35.00). Ketchum is a pen name for Dallas Mayr. Order from Silver Salamander, 4128 Woodland Park Ave N, Seattle WA 98103; 206-633-1930.
Babylon 5: Dark Genesis: The Birth of the Psi Corps J. Gregory Keyes (Ballantine Del Rey 0-345-42715-7, Oct 98 [Sep 98], $5.99, 267pp, pb, cover by Bruce Jensen) [Babylon 5: Psi-Corps] Novelization based on the TV show, first in the Psi Corps trilogy. Copyrighted by Warner Brothers.
The Blackgod J. Gregory Keyes (Ballantine Del Rey 0-345-41880-8, May 98 [Apr 98], $6.99, 494pp, pb, cover by Tom Kidd) [Children of the Changeling] Reprint (Del Rey 1997) fantasy novel, sequel to The Waterborn.
Newtons Cannon J. Gregory Keyes (Ballantine Del Rey 0-345-40605-2, May 98 [Apr 98], $14.00, 355pp, tp, cover by Terese Nielsen) [Age of Unreason] Historical fantasy novel, first in the Age of Unreason series. Sir Isaac Newtons discovery of the principles of alchemy unleashes a deadly weapon, and only young Ben Franklin realizes the danger.
Newtons Cannon J. Gregory Keyes (SFBC #18398, Sep 98, $10.98, 355pp, hc, cover by Terese Neilsen) [Age of Unreason] Reprint (Del Rey 1998) alternate-history fantasy novel, book one of The Age of Unreason. This is the first hardcover edition and has ISBN 1-56865-829-X; it lacks a price and has the SFBC number on the back jacket.
Candles for Elizabeth Caitlín R. Kiernan (Meisha Merlin 0-9658345-8-1, May 98 [Jul 98], $5.00, 60pp, ph, cover by Ken Meyer, Jr.) Chapbook collection of three horror stories, one original, with an introduction by Poppy Z. Brite. Order from Meisha Merlin Publishing, PO Box 7, Decatur GA 30031.
- 9 · Introduction · Poppy Z. Brite · in
- 11 · The Last Child of Lir · ss The Urbanite #8 97
- 29 · A Story for Edward Gorey · ss Wetbones Fll 97
- 41 · Postcards from the King of Tides · ss *
- 61 · Caitlín R. Kiernan Biography · Misc. · bg
Silk Caitlín R. Kiernan (Penguin/Roc 0-451-45668-8, Jun 98 [May 98], $6.50, 353pp, pb, cover by Victor Stabin) Dark fantasy novel. A woman named Spyder ensnares a struggling rock band in Birmingham AL. A first novel.
Roar Sean Kiernan (HarperPrism 0-06-105914-5, Mar 98 [Feb 98], $5.99, 250pp, pb) [Roar] Novelization based on the Celtic-fantasy TV series. Copyrighted by Universal Studios Publishing Rights.
Roar: The Cauldron Sean Kiernan (HarperPrism 0-06-105936-6, Jun 98 [May 98], $5.99, 244pp, pb) [Roar] Novelization, the second based on the Celtic-fantasy TV series. Copyrighted by Universal Studios Publishing Rights.
Big Rock Beat Greg Kihn (Tor/Forge 0-312-86756-5, Oct 98 [Sep 98], $23.95, 351pp, hc, cover by Shelley Eshkar) Dark-fantasy mystery novel, bringing back director Landis Woodley of Horror Show.
Shade of Pale Greg Kihn (Tor 0-812-55109-5, Oct 98 [Sep 98], $5.99, 255pp, pb, cover by David Kramer) Reprint (Forge 1997) dark-fantasy mystery novel.
BloodWalk Lee Killough (Meisha Merlin 0-9658345-0-6, May 97 [Jan 98], $14.00, 453pp, tp, cover by Kevin Murphy) [Garreth Mikaelian] Omnibus of vampire detective novels Blood Hunt (1987) and Bloodlinks (1988), with a new foreword by Killough. Order from Meisha Merlin Publishing, PO Box 7, Decatur GA 30031; add $3.00 postage.
- 7 · Foreword · fw
- 9 · Blood Hunt · n. New York: Tor, 1987
- 229 · Bloodlinks · n. New York: Tor, 1988
Bridling Chaos Lee Killough (Meisha Merlin 0-9658345-3-0, May 98 [Jul 98], $19.00, 607pp, tp, cover by Michael Herring) [Janna Brill; Mama Maxwell] Omnibus of three SF mysteries featuring Janna Brill and Mama Maxwell: The Doppelganger Gambit (1979), Spider Play (1986), and Dragons Teeth (1990). There is a new introduction by Killough. Order from Meisha Merlin Publishing, PO Box 7, Decatur GA 30031.
- 7 · Foreword · fw
- 11 · The Doppelganger Gambit · n. New York: Ballantine, 1979
- 215 · Spider Play · n. Questar, 1986
- 393 · Dragons Teeth · n. Questar, 1990
- 609 · Biography · Misc. · bg
Dracul: An Eternal Love Story Nancy Kilpatrick (Lucard Ltd. 0-966-54920-1, Oct 98, $24.95, 217pp, hc) [Dracula] Vampire novel based on the script of the stage musical Dracul based on Bram Stokers Dracula. The musical was originally performed at the San Diego Repertorys Lyceum Theatre; an optional CD cast album, The Music of Dracul (DAT Records $19.95, combined book and CD $34.90) is also available. Order from Lucard Publishing, 650 Columbia #311, San Diego CA 92101; credit card orders 888-869-9092 x151.
In the Shadow of the Gargoyle ed. Nancy Kilpatrick & Thomas S. Roche (Ace 0-441-00557-8, Oct 98 [Sep 98], $12.00, 256pp, tp, cover by Victor Stabin) Dark fantasy original anthology of 17 stories, three previously published, concerning gargoyles. Authors include Neil Gaiman, Nancy Holder, and Lucy Taylor.
Highlander Garry Kilworth (HarperEntertainment 0-06-105840-8, Dec 98 [Nov 98], $5.99, 311pp, pb) Movie novelization. First US edition (Grafton 1986 as by Garry Douglas).
Qwan: The Showdown A. L. Kim (Lowell House Juvenile/Roxbury Park 1-56565-552-4, 1996 [Apr 98], $4.95, 127pp, tp, cover by Richard Kirk) Young-adult near-future post-holocaust SF novel. A boy uses his martial arts skills to survive in the war-devastated US of 2017. This is copyrighted 1996 but not seen until now. Order from Lowell House Juvenile, 2020 Ave of the Stars, Suite 300, Los Angeles CA 90067.
In the Stone Circle Elizabeth Cody Kimmel (Scholastic 0-590-21308-3, Apr 98 [May 98], $15.95, 225pp, hc, cover by Joanie Schwarz) Young-adult ghost story set in Wales. Two fragmented families stay at a house haunted by a girl looking for a long-lost possession. A first novel.
The Woman in the Wall Patrice Kindl (Penguin/Puffin 0-14-130124-4, Sep 98, $4.99, 185pp, tp, cover by Kamil Vojnar) Reprint (Houghton Mifflin 1997) semi-surreal YA novel. A shy girl blends into the background so well even her family cant see her. First edition not seen.
The Wild Road Gabriel King (Ballantine Del Rey 0-345-42302-X, Mar 98, $24.95, 365pp, hc, cover by Donna Diamond) [Wild Road] Contemporary talking-animal fantasy. A young cat on a quest joins feral felines. King is a pen-name for Jane Johnson & M. John Harrison. First US edition (Arrow 1997).
The Wild Road Gabriel King (SFBC #15463, Jul 98 [Jun 98], $12.50, 379pp, hc, cover by Donna Diamond) [Wild Road] Reprint (Arrow 1997) talking-cat fantasy. King is a pen-name for Jane Johnson & M. John Harrison. This is similar to the Del Rey edition, except it lacks a price and has the SFBC number on the back jacket.
Forgotten Realms: Conspiracy J. Robert King (TSR 0-7869-0869-6, Apr 98, $2.99, 88pp, tp, cover by Heather LeMay) [Forgotten Realms] Novellazation based on the role-playing game, Double Diamond Triangle Saga #6. Copyrighted by TSR.
Forgotten Realms: The Abduction J. Robert King (TSR 0-7869-0864-5, Jan 98 [Feb 98], $1.99, 86pp, tp, cover by Heather LeMay) [Forgotten Realms: Double Diamond Triangle] Novellazation based on the role-playing game. Book one in the Double Diamond Triangle Saga. Copyrighted by TSR.
Bag of Bones Stephen King (Simon & Schuster/Scribner 0-684-85350-7, Sep 98, $28.00, 529pp, hc, cover by Frank Onderan, John Fontana & Brown Brothers) Horror novel. A novelist with nightmares goes back to Maine to find his small hometown haunted by ghosts. First US edition (Hodder & Stoughton 8/98).
The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger Stephen King (Penguin/Signet 0-451-16052-5, Nov 98, $7.99, 315pp, pb) [Roland (Gunslinger)] Reissue (Grant 1982) dark fantasy Western quasi-novel. 35th printing.
The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three Stephen King (Penguin/Signet 0-451-16352-4, Nov 98, $7.99, 464pp, pb) [Roland (Gunslinger)] Reissue (Grant 1987) dark fantasy Western quasi-novel. 25th printing.
The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands Stephen King (Penguin/Signet 0-451-17331-7, Nov 98, $7.99, 590pp, pb) [Roland (Gunslinger)] Reissue (Grant 1991) dark fantasy Western quasi-novel. 14th printing.
The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass Stephen King (Penguin/Signet 0-451-19486-1, Nov 98 [Oct 98], $7.99, 699pp, pb) [Roland (Gunslinger)] Reprint (Donald M. Grant 199708) fantasy novel, book four in The Dark Tower series.
Different Seasons Stephen King (Penguin/Signet 0-451-19712-7, Nov 98, $7.99, 508pp, pb) Reissue (Viking 1982) collection. This is a movie tie-in edition for Apt Pupil.
Salems Lot Stephen King (Doubleday 0-385-00751-5, Aug 98, $27.50, 451pp, hc, cover by Thomas Holdorf) Reissue (Doubleday 1975) vampire horror novel. 20th printing.
The Haunting of Holmescroft Rudyard Kipling (Books of Wonder 0-929605-81-0, May 98, $5.95, 56pp, tp, cover by Barb Armata) Horror short story packaged as a Classic Frights book for young adults. Illustrated by Barb Armata.
The Art of the DragonLance Saga ed. Mary Kirchoff (TSR 0-7869-1181-6, Sep 98, $19.99, 126pp, tp, cover by Keith Parkinson) Reissue (TSR 1987) art book. There is a new foreword by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. Second printing.
The Uncanny Andrew Klavan (Crown 0-609-60112-1, Feb 98, $24.00, 343pp, hc) Thriller/ghost story. A Hollywood producer of horror films goes to England and finds a real ghost story with a nod to M.R. James and other writers of gothic horror.
The Uncanny Andrew Klavan (Dell 0-440-22577-9, Oct 98, $6.99, 404pp, pb) Reprint (Crown 1998) thriller/ghost story.
The Last Day Glenn Kleier (Warner 0-446-60598-0, Sep 98, $7.50, 609pp, pb, cover by Tony Greco) Reprint (Warner 1997) near-future millennial thriller.
The History of Our World Beyond the Wave R. E. Klein (Harcourt Brace 0-15-100411-0, Nov 98 [Oct 98], $22.00, 215pp, hc, cover by David Maisel) Allegorical fantasy novel/parable set in a near-future Earth after a global tidal wave. A first novel.
Vonnegut in Fact: The Public Spokesmanship of Personal Fiction Jerome Klinkowitz (University of South Carolina Press 1-57003-237-8, Jun 98, $24.95, 159pp, hc, cover by Jill Krementz) Non-fiction, critical look at Vonneguts nonfiction and public speaking, and its relationship to his novels. Includes notes, bibliography, and index. Order from University of South Carolina Press, Business Office, 718 Devine St, Columbia SC 29208; credit card orders 800-768-2500; add $4.00 postage. [Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.]
Learning Processes with a Deadly Outcome Alexander Kluge (Duke University Press 0-8223-1735-4, Jun 96 [May 98], $13.95, 112pp, tp, cover by Alexander Kluge) SF novella of events after WWIII, illustrated by the author. Translated from the German (published as part of a collection by the same title, Lernprozesse mit Toedlichem Ausgang, Suhrkamp 1973) by Christopher Pavsek, who also provides an introduction and afterword. This is copyrighted 1996, but not seen until now.
The Darker Passions: Frankenstein Amarantha Knight (Masquerade 1-56333-617-0, Apr 98 [Nov 98], $5.95, 303pp, tp) [Darker Passions; Frankenstein] Reissue (Masquerade 1995) erotic horror novel based on Mary Shelleys classic. Knight is a pen-name for Nancy Kilpatrick.
The Darker Passions: The Pit and the Pendulum Amarantha Knight (Masquerade 1-56333-639-1, Jul 98 [Jun 98], $6.95, 258pp, tp, cover by Jason Goltz) [Darker Passions] Erotic dark fantasy novel loosely based on the story by Edgar Allen Poe. Knight is a pen-name for Nancy Kilpatrick. Order from Masquerade Direct, 801 2nd Ave, New York NY 10017; credit card orders 800-375-2356; add $1.50 postage.
Demon Sex ed. Amarantha Knight (Masquerade/Rhinoceros 1-56333-594-8, Apr 98 [Jun 98], $7.95, 323pp, tp, cover by Jason Goltz) Original anthology of 11 stories (one reprint) of erotic horror. Authors include Thomas S. Roche, Edo van Belkom, and Nancy Kilpatrick. Order from Masquerade Direct, 801 2nd Ave, New York NY 10017; credit card orders 800-375-2356; add $1.50 postage.
A for Anything Damon Knight (Cascade Mountain Publishing, Dec 98, $14.95, 208pp, tp) Reprint (NEL 1961) SF novel, a revised version of The People Maker (Zenith 1959). Order from Cascade Mountain Publishing, 1652 NW Summit Dr, Bend OR 97701; credit card orders 800-981-6889.
The Vintners Luck Elizabeth Knox (Farrar, Straus and Giroux 0-374-28392-3, Dec 98 [Nov 98], $23.00, 284pp, hc, cover by Merri Cyr) Literary fantasy novel. A winemaker in 19th-century France falls in love with his guardian angel, a favorite of both heaven and hell.
Extremities Kathe Koja (Four Walls Eight Windows 1-56858-122-X, Nov 98 [Oct 98], $20.00, 200pp, hc, cover by Carol Ford) Collection of 16 stories, one original.
- 159 · Arrangement for Invisible Voices · ss Dark Voices 5, ed. David Sutton & Stephen Jones, London: Pan, 1993
- 76 · The Neglected Garden · ss F&SF Apr 91
- 99 · Bird Superior · ss IASFM Jan 91
- 101 · Illusions in Relief · ss Pulphouse: The Hardback Magazine Issue 7, ed. Kristine Kathryn Rusch, Pulphouse, 1990
- 143 · Reckoning · ss F&SF Jul 90
- 7 · The Company of Storms · ss F&SF Jun 92
- 61 · Teratisms · ss A Whisper of Blood, ed. Ellen Datlow, Morrow, 1991
- 111 · Angels in Love · ss F&SF Jul 91
- 272 · Waking the Prince · ss Ruby Slippers, Golden Tears, ed. Ellen Datlow & Terri Windling, Morrow AvoNova, 1995
- 66 · Ballad of the Spanish Civil Guard · ss Alternate Warriors, ed. Mike Resnick, Tor, 1993
- 51 · Lady Lazarus · ss F&SF May 96
- 279 · The Disquieting Muse · ss Little Deaths, ed. Ellen Datlow, Millennium, 1994
- 58 · Queen of Angels · ss Omni Jul 94
- 59 · Jubilee · ss Peter Straubs Ghosts, ed. Peter Straub, Pocket Star, 1995
- 63 · Pas de Deux · ss Dark Love, ed. Nancy Collins, Martin H. Greenberg & Edward E. Kramer, Penguin/Roc, 1995
- · Bondage · ss *
Shadowrun #30: Beyond the Pale Jak Koke (Penguin/Roc 0-451-45674-2, Mar 98 [Feb 98], $5.99, 266pp, pb) Novelization based on the role-playing game.
Shadowrun: The Terminus Experiment Jak Koke & Jonathan E. Bond (Penguin/Roc 0-451-45704-8, Jan 99 [Dec 98], $5.99, 281pp, pb, cover by Michael Evans) [Shadowrun] Novelization based on the roleplaying game. Copyrighted by FASA.
Kings of the High Frontier Victor Koman (Final Frontier Books 0-9665662-0-3, Oct 98 [Sep 98], $24.95, hc, cover by Rob Prior) [High Pilgrimage] Near-future SF novel, book one of The High Pilgrimage. Private concerns plan their own various space launches, despite government efforts to stop them. The afterword by Gregory Benford discusses the political realities of space programs. This is a signed, limited edition of 1,250; a slipcased deluxe edition of 250 (-5-4, $75.00) is also available. Order from Final Frontier Books, Bereshith Publishing, PO Box 2366, Centreville VA 20120.
Cold Fire Dean Koontz (Berkley 0-425-13071-1, Aug 98 [Sep 98], $7.99, 421pp, pb, cover by Don Brautigam) Reissue (Headline 1991) horror novel. 16th printing.
Darkfall Dean Koontz (Berkley 0-425-10434-6, Jan 98 [Feb 98], $7.50, 371pp, pb) Reissue (W.H. Allen 1984 as Darkness Comes) horror novel. 37th printing.
The Face of Fear Dean Koontz (Berkley 0-425-11984-X, Feb 98, $7.50, 306pp, pb) Reissue (Bobbs-Merrill 1977 as by Brian Coffey) occult/psychological thriller. 33rd printing.
Fear Nothing Dean Koontz (Bantam 0-553-10664-3, Feb 98 [Jan 98], $26.95, 391pp, hc, cover by Tom Hallman) [Fear Nothing] Reprint (Headline; CD Publications 1997) SF thriller of genetic engineering gone wrong. The search for a cure for a genetic disorder leads to disaster.
Fear Nothing Dean Koontz (SFBC #00046, Jun 98 [May 98], $11.98, 339pp, hc, cover by Tom Hallman) [Fear Nothing] Reprint (Headline UK; CD Publications 1997) SF thriller of genetic engineering gone wrong. This is similar to the Bantam edition, except it lacks a price and has a book club number on the back jacket.
Fear Nothing Dean Koontz (Bantam 0-553-57975-4, Dec 98 [Nov 98], $7.99, 433pp, pb, cover by Tom Hallman) [Fear Nothing] Reprint (Headline; CD Publications 1997) SF thriller of genetic engineering gone wrong.
Lightning Dean Koontz (Berkley 0-425-11580-1, Oct 98 [Sep 98], $7.99, 355pp, pb) Reissue (Putnam 1988) SF suspense novel. 24th printing.
Seize the Night Dean Koontz (Bantam 0-553-10665-1, Dec 98 [Nov 98], $26.95, 401pp, hc, cover by Tom Hallman) [Fear Nothing] SF thriller of genetic engineering and conspiracy, sequel to Fear Nothing. First US edition (Headline 11/98).
Shadowfires Dean Koontz (Berkley 0-425-13698-1, Jun 98, $7.99, 509pp, pb) Reissue (Avon 1987 as by Leigh Nichols) SF/horror thriller. Eleventh printing.
Three Complete Novels Dean Koontz (Putnam 0-399-14442-0, Nov 98, $12.98, 776pp, hc, cover by Don Brautigam) Omnibus of three horror novels, The Bad Place (Putnam 1990), Demon Seed (Bantam 1973), and The Eyes of Darkness (Pocket 1981 as by Leigh Nichols). This is an instant remainder edition, the fourth Putnam omnibus titled Three Complete Novels (in addition to one Wings edition).
- · The Bad Place · n. New York: Putnam, 1990
- · Demon Seed · n. New York: Bantam, 1973
- · Eyes of Darkness [as by Leigh Nichols] · n. New York: Pocket Books, 1981
The 1998 Rhysling Anthology ed. David C. Kopaska-Merkel (Science Fiction Poetry Association, Apr 98 [Dec 98], no price, 87pp, ph, cover by M. B. Simon) Anthology of 38 poems. Subtitled The Best Science Fiction, Fantasy, & Horror Poetry of 1996 and 1997, this serves as the ballot for the SFPAs Rhysling Awards. (There was no 1997 anthology.) For information write M.B. Simon, SFPA President, 1412 NE 35th St, Ocala FL 34479.
- 4 · The Rhysling Awards · Misc. · in; adapted from Star*Line, 12/5-6, 1989.
- 5 · Voting Procedures · Misc. · ms
- 5 · Words from the Rhysling Chair · Lida Broadhurst · pr
- 6 · From the Editor · David C. Kopaska-Merkel · pr
- · Short Poems first published in 1996
- 9 · Return of the Haruspex · Keith Allen Daniels · pm Dreams & Nightmares #46 96
- 10 · Speaking Bones · Denise Dumars · pm Speaking Bones, Dark Regions Press, 1996
- 11 · Aleph Null · Peter Goldstein · pm Star*Line v18 #6/v19 #1 95
- 12 · Diet of Hermits · Charlee Jacob · pm Frisson Sum 96
- 13 · Biosynth · Jerry H. Jenkins · pm Pirate Writings #12 96
- 14 · black holes · John Nichols · pm Mindsparks SF Poetry Anthology, 1996
- 15 · Melancholic Rhapsody · Jacie Ragan · pm Star*Line v19 #4 96
- 16 · Marilyn Monroe as a Vampire · Bobbi Sinha-Morey · pm Rouge et Noir #7 96
- 17 · Day Omega · W. Gregory Stewart · pm Asimovs Oct/Nov 96
- 19 · Dog Weed · W. Gregory Stewart · pm Dreams & Nightmares #46 96
- 20 · Dash · Mary Turzillo · pm Tales of the Unanticipated #16 96
- · Long Poems first published in 1996
- 21 · Memories of My Mistress · Blythe Ayne · pm Mindsparks SF Poetry Anthology, 1996
- 23 · On Webster Hill: Reflections on Rereading City · Ruth Berman · pm Tales of the Unanticipated #16 96
- 26 · An Evening with Aldous Huxley (1894-1963) · Keith Allen Daniels · pm Midnight Zoo v3 #4 93
- 28 · Canto (Evocare!) · James S. Dorr · pm Dantes Disciples, ed. Peter Crowther & Edward E. Kramer, White Wolf, 1996
- 34 · Spotting UFOs While Canning Tomatoes · Terry A. Garey · pm Serve It Forth, ed. Anne McCaffrey & John Betancourt, Warner Aspect, 1996
- 37 · Miss Lilah thoughtful in the underworld · Nicholas Midgley · pm Odyssey #21 96
- 44 · Momento · Todd Earl Rhodes · pm Star*Line v18 #6/v19 #1 95
- 46 · 16 Watertight Compartments: · David Walter · pm Dreams & Nightmares #46 96
- 49 · A Faeries Tale · Pat York · pm Realms of Fantasy Aug 96
- · Short Poems first published in 1997
- 53 · Warning to the Younger Sisters · Marion Arenas · pm The Magazine of Speculative Poetry Spr 97
- 54 · Its All Time Machines She Said · Timons Esaias · pm Star*Line v20 #5 97
- 55 · Explaining Frankenstein to His Mother [Frankenstein] · John Grey · pm Star*Line v20 #3 97
- 57 · Monkey from a Cannon · Rhys Hughes · pm Nasty Piece of Work #5 97
- 58 · Shaman · Charlee Jacob · pm Catbird Seat #1 97
- 59 · The Weatherman · Andrew Joron · pm The Magazine of Speculative Poetry Spr 92
- 61 · On Reading Bradbury · Sandra Kasturi · pm Tesseracts 6, ed. Robert J. Sawyer & Carolyn Clink, Edmonton: Tesseract Books, 1997
- 62 · California · Carol D. Page · pm Star*Line v20 #1 97
- 64 · Email · Kathryn Rantala · pm ALBA Sep 97
- 65 · This Dream We Lumber In · Wendy Rathbone · pm Talebones Sum 97
- 66 · lunary · Clélie Rich · pm Tesseracts 6, ed. Robert J. Sawyer & Carolyn Clink, Edmonton: Tesseract Books, 1997
- 67 · Sourdough Bread · Margaret Ballif Simon · pm Tales of the Unanticipated #18 97
- · Long Poems first published in 1997
- 68 · Gears · Mike Allen · pm Space & Time #87 97
- 70 · Medusas Daughter · James S. Dorr · pm Star*Line v20 #3 97
- 72 · Ghost Ships · Charlee Jacob · pm Asylums and Labyrinths Nov 97
- 78 · The Grounded Astronaut Forgoes His Pension for the Gift of Prophecy But Learns Time Does Not Flow in One Direction · David Memmott · pm The Magazine of Speculative Poetry Spr 92
- 81 · Whistling Women · Rhea Rose · pm Tesseracts 6, ed. Robert J. Sawyer & Carolyn Clink, Edmonton: Tesseract Books, 1997
- 84 · why goldfish shouldnt use power tools · Laurel Winter · pm Asimovs Dec 97
- 86 · The Rhysling Winners · Misc. · ms