Next -- Table-of-Contents
The Locus Index to Science Fiction: 2004
Previous -- Table-of-Contents
War for the Oaks Emma Bull & Will Shetterly (Black Coat Press Script Library 1-932983-08-2, Sep 2004, $15.95, 172pp, tp, cover by Stephan Martiniere) Associational unproduced screenplay based on Bulls fantasy novel, with an introduction by Bull discussing the difference between writing the novel and the screenplay. This is a print-on-demand edition, available online at [www.blackcoatpress.com], or from Hollywood Comics.com, PO Box 17270, Encino CA 91416.
Those Who Survive Kir Bulychev (Capricorn Publishing 0-9753970-1-X, Jun 2004, $14.99, 276pp, tp) Reprint (Fossicker Press 2000) SF novel of Earth explorers on a hostile planet. Translated from the Russian (Molodaia Gvardia 1988) by John H. Costello. Bulychev is a pen name for Igor V. Mojeiko. This is copyrighted 2004, suggesting possible revisions. A print-on-demand book available online at [www.capricornpublishing.com] or from 618 E. Brewster St., Appleton WI 54911.
The Doublecross Program Chris Bunch (Penguin/Roc 0-451-45986-5, Jul 2004, $6.99, 338pp, pb, cover by Steve Stone) [Star Risk, Ltd.] Military SF novel, third in the Star Risk, Ltd. series about a group of space mercenaries.
The Soulless L. G. Burbank (Medallion Press 0-9743639-9-5, Oct 2004, $6.99, 378pp, pb, cover by Adam Mock) [Lords of Darkness] Reprint (Echolon Press 2003 as by Leslie Burbank, not seen) paranormal vampire novel, book one of the Lords of Darkness series. This has been significantly revised and expanded and is copyrighted 2004. Medallion Press, 225 Seabreeze Ave., Palm Beach FL 33480; [www.medallion press.com].
Merlin the Sorcerer William P. Burch (Taylor-Madison Publishing 0-9744947-0-4, Jan 2004, $24.95, 320pp, hc) [Battle of Dragons] SF time-travel Arthurian novel, the first book of The Battle of Dragons. Archeologist Merlin Lakin investigates Mayan ruins and finds the secret to time travel. Order from Taylor-Madison Publishing, PO Box 201236, Arlington TX 76006; [www.taylor-madison.com].
High Rage James K. Burk (Renaissance Alliance Publishing/Silver Dragon 1-930928-94-7, Jan 2004, $13.95, 229pp, tp) Fantasy novel, the first of two volumes of the first book in a trilogy about two countries ruled by warring gods. Order from Renaissance Alliance Publishing, PMB 210, 8691 9th Avenue, Port Arthur TX 77642; [www.rapbooks.biz].
Charmed: Inherit the Witch Laura J. Burns (Simon Spotlight 0-689-86708-5, Mar 2004, $5.99, 212pp, pb) [Charmed] Young-adult novelization, the 23rd based on the TV show about three witches. Copyrighted by Spelling Television.
Buffy, the Vampire Slayer: Apocalypse Memories Laura J. Burns & Melinda Metz (Simon Spotlight 0-689-86700-X, Mar 2004, $6.99, 242pp, pb) [Buffy, the Vampire Slayer] Novelization based on the television shows. Copyrighted by Twentieth Century Fox Film.
Digital Sci-Fi Art Michael Burns (Harper Design International 0-06-072433-1, Nov 2004, $24.95, 160pp, tp, cover by Thomas Weiss) How-to art book with extensive illustrations, index, and list of online sources. Artists include Adam Benton, David Ho, Mirek Drozd. First US edition (Ilex Press 9/04).
Lost on Venus Edgar Rice Burroughs (University of Nebraska Press/Bison Books 0-8032-6219-1, Apr 2004, $14.95, 318 + xiv, tp, cover by J. Allen St. John) [Venus Series] Reprint (Burroughs 1935) SF novel, the second in the Carson of Venus series. Introduction by Kevin J. Anderson. This includes the original illustrations by J. Allen St. John. Order from University of Nebraska Press, 233 North 8th St., Lincoln NE 68588-0484; credit card orders 800-755-1105; [firstname.lastname@example.org]; [www.nebraskapress.unl.edu]; add $4.00 postage.
The Martian Tales Trilogy Edgar Rice Burroughs (Barnes & Noble 0-7607-5585-X, 2004, $9.95, 617 + xix, tp) [Barsoom (John Carter et al)] Reprint (Bison Books 2003) trilogy of the first three novels in the Mars series: A Princess of Mars (1912), The Gods of Mars (1913), and The Warlord of Mars (1914). This has a new introduction by Aaron Parrett.
Return to Mars Edgar Rice Burroughs (SFBC #1172959, Dec 2004, $14.99, 485pp, hc, cover by Michael Whelan) [Barsoom (John Carter et al)] Reprint (Dover 1962 as Three Martian Novels) omnibus of the fourth through sixth novels in the John Carter of Mars or Barsoom series: Thuvia, Maid of Mars (1916), The Chessmen of Mars (1922), and The Master Mind of Mars (1928). This has ISBN 0-7394-4884-6; it lacks a price and has the SFBC number on the back jacket.
Even Odder: More Stories to Chill the Heart Steve Burt (Burt Creations 0-9741407-0-8, 2003, $14.95, 132pp, tp, cover by Jessica Hagerman) Young-adult original collection of 15 horror stories. Illustrated by Jessica Hagerman. This is dated 2003, but not seen until now. Order from Burt Creations, 29 Arnold Place, Norwich CT 06360; [www.burtcreations.com]; add $4.50 postage.
- · Introduction · in
- 1 · John Flynns Banshee · ss *
- 11 · The Peanut Harvest · ss *
- 21 · Caretaker · ss *
- 31 · Vampire · ss *
- 41 · The Lobsterman · ss *
- 47 · The Spoon-Bender · ss *
- 59 · Chanceys Puppetry · ss *
- 69 · Beneath the Streets · ss *
- 81 · Visitation Rights · ss *
- 89 · The Skating Party · ss *
- 97 · Door Number Three · ss *
- 103 · Short Straw · ss *
- 109 · Carousel · ss *
- 115 · The Camp · ss *
- 125 · Neighborhood Watch · ss *
Shadow of the Scorpion Elizabeth K. Burton (Zumaya Publications 1-894869-97-4, Jun 2004, $14.99, 303pp, tp, cover by Martine Jardin) [Everdark Wars] Fantasy novel, book two of The Everdark Wars. This is a print-on-demand edition, available online at [www.zumayapublications.com] or from Zumaya Publications, 1105 Nueces Street #3, Austin TX 78701-2129.
Blood Rites Jim Butcher (Penguin/Roc 0-451-45987-3, Aug 2004, $6.99, 372pp, pb, cover by Lee MacLeod) [Dresden Files] Dark fantasy novel, book six in the Dresden Files about Chicago wizard Harry Dresden.
Furies of Calderon Jim Butcher (Ace 0-441-01199-3, Oct 2004, $23.95, 440pp, hc, cover by Steve Stone) [Codex Alera] Epic fantasy, first in the Codex Alera series. The fate of the land of Alera may rest on the young man Tavi, the only person without the power of furycrafting.
Terry Pratchett: Guilty of Literature: 2nd Edition ed. Andrew M. Butler, Edward James & Farah Mendlesohn (Old Earth Books 1-882968-31-X, Sep 2004, $22.00, 343 + xvi, tp, cover by Beth Gwinn) Critical non-fiction, a gathering of 13 essays, plus a primary and secondary bibliography, and index. Introduction by David Langford. This is the first US edition, updated to cover 2004 and expanded from the UK edition (Science Fiction Foundation 2000) with three new essays. A hardcover edition (-32-8, $45.00) is available. Order from Old Earth Books, PO Box 19951, Baltimore MD 21211; [www.oldearthbooks.com]. [Terry Pratchett]
Horses Blow Up Dog City & Other Stories Richard Butner (Small Beer Press, Jun 2004, $5.00, 63pp, ph, cover by Maria Daniels) Chapbook collection of five stories, two original. Order from Small Beer Press, 176 Prospect Ave., Northampton MA 01060; [www.smallbeerpress.com]; [email@example.com].
- · Ash City Stomp · ss Trampoline, ed. Kelly Link, Small Beer Press, 2003
- · Horses Blow Up Dog City · ss Intersections, ed. John Kessel, Mark L. Van Name & Richard Butner, Tor, 1996
- · Drifting · ss Say... Spr, 2003
- · The Rules of Gambling · ss *
- · Lo-Fi · ss *
The Little Black Book of Stories A. S. Byatt (Random House/Knopf 1-4000-4177-5, May 2004, $21.00, 240pp, hc) Collection of five dark stories, at least three reprints; three have elements of fantasy. This is the first US edition (Chatto & Windus 11/03, not seen).
- 1 · The Thing in the Forest · nv New Yorker Jun 3, 2002
- 45 · Body Art · na
- 109 · A Stone Woman · na New Yorker Oct 13, 2003
- 157 · Raw Material · nv Atlantic Monthly Apr, 2002
- 197 · The Pink Ribbon · nv
Forgotten Realms: The Rage Richard Lee Byers (Wizards of the Coast 0-7869-3187-6, Apr 2004, $6.99, 344pp, pb, cover by Matt Stawicki) [Forgotten Realms: Year of Rogue Dragons] Novelization based on the roleplaying game, The Year of Rogue Dragons book one. Copyrighted by Wizards of the Coast.
Forgotten Realms: The Rite Richard Lee Byers (Wizards of the Coast 0-7869-3581-2, Jan 2005, $6.99, 336pp, pb, cover by Matt Stawicki) [Forgotten Realms: Year of Rogue Dragons] Novelization based on the roleplaying game, The Year of Rogue Dragons book II. Copyrighted by Wizards of the Coast.
Madeleine Is Sleeping Sarah Shun-Lien Bynum (Harcourt 0-15-101059-5, Sep 2004, $22.00, 257pp, hc, cover by Lewis Carroll) Fantasy/magical realism. A womans weird dreams ultimately merge with her waking life. A first novel.
Shooting the Sun Max Byrd (Bantam 0-553-80208-9, Jan 2004, $23.95, 306pp, hc) Associational historical novel of an expedition to the American West sponsored by Charles Babbage to publicize his Difference Engine.
Hamlet Had an Uncle: A Comedy of Honour James Branch Cabell (Wildside Press 0-8095-3237-9, Nov 2004, $19.95, 271pp, tp) [Heirs and Assigns] Reprint (Farrar & Rinehart 1940 as by Branch Cabell) associational historical novel, part of the Heirs and Assigns series. This is dated 2003, but not seen until now; it is a print-on-demand book available online at [www.wildsidepress.com] or from PO Box 301, Holicong PA 18928.
Special Delivery: A Packet of Replies James Branch Cabell (Wildside Press 0-8095-3353-7, Nov 2004, $19.95, 272pp, tp) Reprint (McBride 1933 as by Branch Cabell) collection of imaginary letters, responses to frequently asked questions, and part of the Their Lives and Letters series. This is dated 2003, but not seen until now; it is a print-on-demand book available online at [www.wildsidepress.com] or from PO Box 301, Holicong PA 18928.
The Mediator 1: Shadowland Meg Cabot (HarperCollins/Avon 0-06-072511-7, Jan 2005, $6.99, 287pp, pb, cover by Paul Oakley) [Mediator] Reprint (Pocket Pulse 2000 as by Jenny Carroll) young-adult dark fantasy novel, the first in a series about a girl who communicates with the dead.
The Mediator 2: Ninth Key Meg Cabot (HarperCollins/Avon 0-06-072512-5, Jan 2005, $6.99, 287pp, pb, cover by Paul Oakley) [Mediator] Reprint (Pocket Pulse 2001 as by Jenny Carroll) young-adult dark fantasy novel, the second in a series about a girl who communicates with the dead.
The Mediator 3: Reunion Meg Cabot (HarperCollins/Avon 0-06-072513-3, Jan 2005, $6.99, 289pp, pb, cover by Paul Oakley) [Mediator] Reprint (Pocket Pulse 2001 as by Jenny Carroll) young-adult dark fantasy novel, the third in a series about a girl who communicates with the dead.
The Mediator 4: Darkest Hour Meg Cabot (HarperCollins/Avon 0-06-072514-1, Jan 2005, $6.99, 316pp, pb, cover by Paul Oakley) [Mediator] Reprint (Pocket Pulse 2001 as by Jenny Carroll) young-adult dark fantasy novel, the fourth in a series about a girl who communicates with the dead.
The Mediator 5: Haunted Meg Cabot (HarperCollins/Avon 0-06-075164-9, Jan 2005, $6.99, 263pp, pb, cover by Paul Oakley) [Mediator] Reprint (HarperCollins 2003) young-adult dark fantasy novel, the fifth in a series about a girl who communicates with the dead.
The Mediator 6: Twilight Meg Cabot (HarperCollins 0-06-072467-6, Feb 2005, $15.99, 245pp, hc) [Mediator] Young-adult dark fantasy novel, the sixth in a series about a girl who communicates with the dead.
The Wind Caller P. D. Cacek (Leisure 0-8439-5383-7, Jul 2004, $6.99, 355pp, pb) Horror novel. A man is warped by his ability to control the wind.
Ursula K. Le Guin: Beyond Genre: Fiction for Children and Adults Mike Cadden (Routledge 0-415-97218-3, Oct 2004, $95.00, 203 + xvi, hc) Critical non-fiction examining Le Guins works for all ages. Includes index, notes, bibliography, and an interview with Le Guin. Part of the Childrens Literature and Culture series. Routledge, 270 Madison Avenue, New York NY 10016; [www.routledge-ny.com]. [Ursula K. Le Guin]
Cellular Pat Cadigan (BL Publishing/Black Flame US 1-84416-104-8, Aug 2004, $7.99, 410pp, pb) Associational movie novelization. Copyrighted by New Line Cinema.
The Twilight Zone: Upgrade/Sensuous Cindy Pat Cadigan (BL Publishing/Black Flame US 1-84416-131-5, Apr 2004, $7.99, 387pp, pb) Omnibus/original collection of two novelizations based on the TV show: Upgrade and Sensuous Cindy. Copyrighted by New Line Cinema. Simultaneous with the Black Flame UK edition.
- 5 · Upgrade · n. *; based on the teleplay by Robert Hewitt Wolfe.
- 221 · Sensuous Cindy · n. *; based on the teleplay by James Crocker.
The Ultimate Cyberpunk ed. Pat Cadigan (ibooks 0-7434-8652-8, May 2004, $7.99, 399pp, pb, cover by Bruce Jensen) Reprint (ibooks 2002) anthology of 13 cyberpunk stories. This drops the color insert of part of a lost graphic novel adaptation of William Gibsons Neuromancer.
Starfall: Phaeton and the Chariot of the Sun Michael Cadnum (Scholastic/Orchard 0-439-54533-1, Sep 2004, $16.95, 124pp, hc, cover by Hiro Kimura) [Metamorphoses] Young-adult fantasy novella, the first in a trilogy based on Ovids Metamorphoses.
Chill Factor Rachel Caine (Penguin/Roc 0-451-46010-3, Jan 2005, $6.99, 338pp, pb, cover by David Seeley) [Weather Warden] Contemporary fantasy novel, third in the Weather Warden series. This is copyrighted by Roxanne Longstreet Conrad, who also writes as Roxanne Longstreet and Roxanne Conrad.
Heat Stroke Rachel Caine (Penguin/Roc 0-451-45984-9, Aug 2004, $6.99, 336pp, pb, cover by David Seeley) [Weather Warden] Contemporary fantasy novel, second in the Weather Warden series. Joanne Baldwin has to adjust to life as a Djinn. This is copyrighted by Roxanne Longstreet Conrad, who also writes as Roxanne Longstreet and Roxanne Conrad.
Mortal Companion Patrick Califia (Suspect Thoughts Press 0-9710846-9-6, Jul 2004, $16.95, 282pp, tp) Erotic vampire novel. The vampire Ulric finally finds his true love, only to be stalked by the sister who has never forgiven him for turning her into a vampire, too. Order from Suspect Thoughts Press, 2215-R Market St., PMB #544, San Francisco CA 94114-1612; [www.suspectthoughtspress.com].
The Cloud Atlas Liam Callanan (Delacorte 0-385-33694-2, Feb 2004, $22.95, 360pp, hc, cover by Tom Hallman) Historical novel with shamanistic/fantasy elements. An American soldier finds spiritual mysteries while in Alaska during WWII on a top-secret mission to stop Japanese rice-paper balloon bombs.
The Cloud Atlas Liam Callanan (Dell/Delta 0-385-33695-0, Nov 2004, $13.00, 357pp, tp, cover by Tom Hallman) Reprint (Delacorte 2004) historical novel with shamanistic/fantasy elements set in WWII Alaska.
Sunshine Patriots Bill Campbell (Hats Off Books 1-58736-284-8, Mar 2004, $17.95, 210pp, tp, cover by Dan Sorge) Satirical SF novel. War doesnt go as planned on United Earth in 2266. This is a print-on-demand edition available online at [www.hatsoffbooks.com]; Hats Off Books, 610 East Delano Street, Suite 104, Tucson AZ 85705; [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Alone with the Horrors: The Great Short Fiction of Ramsey Campbell, 1961-1991 Ramsey Campbell (Tor 0-765-30767-7, May 2004, $27.95, 448pp, hc, cover by Shelley Eshkar) Reprint (Arkham House 1993) collection of 37 stories; this drops three stories and adds one very early Lovecraft imitation. Campbell has updated the introduction, which discusses the genesis of the stories and how they reflect his development as a writer. The Arkham edition won the World Fantasy and Stoker Awards.
- 11 · Introduction: So Far · in
- 23 · The Tower from Yuggoth · ss Goudy #2 61
- 45 · Cold Print · ss Tales of the Cthulhu Mythos, ed. August Derleth, Arkham, 1969
- 59 · The Scar · ss Startling Mystery Stories Sum 69
- 73 · The Interloper · ss Demons By Daylight, Sauk City, WI: Arkham House, 1973
- 81 · The Guy · ss Demons By Daylight, Sauk City, WI: Arkham House, 1973
- 91 · The End of a Summers Day · ss Demons By Daylight, Sauk City, WI: Arkham House, 1973
- 97 · The Man in the Underpass · ss The Years Best Horror Stories: Series III, ed. Richard Davis, DAW, 1975
- 107 · The Companion · ss Frights, ed. Kirby McCauley, St. Martins, 1976
- 117 · Call First · ss Night Chills, ed. Kirby McCauley, Avon, 1975
- 123 · Heading Home · ss Whispers Oct 78
- 127 · In the Bag · ss Cold Fear, ed. Hugh Lamb, W.H. Allen, 1977
- 137 · Baby · ss Star Book of Horror, No.2, ed. Hugh Lamb, London: Star Books, 1976
- 153 · The Chimney · ss Whispers, ed. Stuart David Schiff, Garden City, NY: Doubleday, 1977
- 169 · The Brood · ss Dark Forces, ed. Kirby McCauley, Viking, 1980
- 181 · The Gap · ss Fantasy Readers Guide #2 80
- 193 · The Voice of the Beach · nv Fantasy Tales #10 82
- 219 · Out of Copyright · ss Hot Air, 1980
- 227 · Above the World · ss Whispers II, ed. Stuart David Schiff, Garden City, NY: Doubleday, 1979
- 237 · Mackintosh Willy · ss Shadows #2, ed. Charles L. Grant, Doubleday, 1979
- 251 · The Show Goes On · ss Dark Companions, Macmillan, 1982
- 263 · The Ferries · ss The Eighteenth Fontana Book of Great Ghost Stories, ed. R. Chetwynd-Hayes, Fontana, 1982
- 275 · Midnight Hobo · ss Nightmares, ed. Charles L. Grant, Playboy, 1979
- 287 · The Depths · nv Dark Companions, Macmillan, 1982
- 305 · Down There · ss Weird Tales #1, ed. Lin Carter, DAW, 1981
- 317 · The Fit · ss New Terrors #1, ed. Ramsey Campbell, London: Pan, 1980
- 329 · Hearing Is Believing · ss Shadows #4, ed. Charles L. Grant, Doubleday, 1981
- 337 · The Hands · ss Cutting Edge, ed. Dennis Etchison, Garden City, NY: Doubleday, 1986
- 347 · Again · ss Twilight Zone Nov 81
- 357 · Just Waiting · ss Twilight Zone Nov/Dec 83
- 367 · Seeing the World · ss Shadows #7, ed. Charles L. Grant, Doubleday, 1984
- 373 · Old Clothes · ss Midnight, ed. Charles L. Grant, Tor, 1985
- 383 · Apples · ss Halloween Horrors, ed. Alan Ryan, Garden City, NY: Doubleday, 1986
- 391 · The Other Side · ss World Fantasy Convention Program Book, 1986
- 403 · Where the Heart Is · ss The Architecture of Fear, ed. Kathryn Cramer & Peter D. Pautz, Arbor House, 1987
- 411 · Boiled Alive · ss Interzone #18 86
- 421 · Another World · ss Tales from the Forbidden Planet, ed. Roz Kaveney, Titan, 1987
- 433 · End of the Line · nv MetaHorror, ed. Dennis Etchison, Dell Abyss, 1992
The Darkest Part of the Woods Ramsey Campbell (Tor 0-765-34682-6, Oct 2004, $6.99, 364pp, pb, cover by David Bowers) Reprint (PS Publishing 2002) horror novel.
The High Lord Trudi Canavan (HarperCollins/Eos 0-06-057530-1, Sep 2004, $7.50, 531pp, pb) [Black Magician] Fantasy novel, the third book in The Black Magician Trilogy. First US edition (Voyager Australia 2003).
The Magicians Guild Trudi Canavan (HarperCollins/Eos 0-06-057528-X, Feb 2004, $7.50, 370pp, pb, cover by Matt Stawicki) [Black Magician] Fantasy novel, the first book in The Black Magician Trilogy. A girl from the slums causes problems when she suddenly develops magic powers. A first novel. First US edition (Voyager Australia 2001).
The Novice Trudi Canavan (HarperCollins/Eos 0-06-057529-8, May 2004, $7.50, 465pp, pb, cover by Matt Stawicki) [Black Magician] Reprint (Voyager Australia 2002) fantasy novel, the second book in The Black Magician Trilogy.
As Dead As Leaves The Art of Caniglia Caniglia (Shocklines Press 0-9749087-1-1, Mar 2004, $29.95, 144pp, tp, cover by Caniglia) Art book, showcasing Caniglias dark and surreal works. Foreword by George Pratt, introduction by Caniglia, remarks by Phil Hale. A limited hardcover edition (-0-3, $44.95) with an added art print was announced but not seen. Order from [www.shockilnes.com].
R.U.R. (Rossums Universal Robots) Karel Capek (Penguin Classics 0-14-118208-3, Mar 2004, $8.00, 84 + xxv, tp, cover by Bob Elsdale) Reprint (Catbird Press 1990 as part of Toward the Radical Center: A Karel Capek Reader) classic SF play. Translated by Claudia Novak from the original (Aventinum 1921); this is somewhat different from the Catbird Press edition, and is copyrighted 2004. Introduction by Ivan Klíma, translated by Peter Kussi.
The Crystal City Orson Scott Card (Tor 0-812-56462-6, Oct 2004, $7.99, 340pp, pb, cover by Dennis Nolan) [Alvin Maker] Reprint (Tor 2003) fantasy novel, the sixth book in the Tales of Alvin Maker.
First Meetings in Enders Universe Orson Scott Card (Tor Teen 0-765-34798-9, Sep 2004, $6.99, 212pp, tp, cover by Julie Bell) [Ender Wiggin] Reprint (Tor 2003 as First Meetings in the Enderverse) collection of four stories set in the world of Enders Game, expanded from the Subterranean Press First Meetings: Three Stories from the Enderverse (2002). This includes a 12-page readers guide.
An Open Book Orson Scott Card (Subterranean Press 1-931081-93-X, 2003, $25.00, 94pp, hc, cover by Jon McNaughton) Associational collection of 69 poems, with an afterword by the author. This is dated 2003 but was not seen until now. Available from Subterranean Press, PO Box 190106, Burton MI 48519; [www.subterraneanpress.com]; [email@example.com].
- 9 · I. Hunger, Love, and Death
- 10 · Walking on Water · pm *
- 11 · Short-Lived Creatures · pm *
- 12 · Echo · pm *
- 13 · Grain of the Wood · pm *
- 14 · Of a Private History
· pm *
- 15 · This Is the Poem I Made Then · pm *
- 16 · I Go Out the Door · pm *
- 17 · The Man Who Came Back from the Lunar Colony · pm *
- 18 · Declaration · pm *
- 20 · At the Recital · pm *
- 21 · On Hearing My Daughter Emily Perform · pm *
- 22 · Elves · pm *
- 24 · Light and Shade · pm *
- 26 · 5 A.M. · pm *
- 27 · Rapunzel Summons the Prince · pm *
- 28 · In Touch · pm *
- 29 · My Son in Love · pm *
- 30 · Barbarians · pm *
- 31 · Browning, Cummings, Tennyson · pm *
- 32 · To One Not Poisoned Yet · pm *
- 33 · To Alice, Recently of Wonderland · pm Star*Line Jul/Aug 80
- 34 · How Do You Know You Love Me? · pm *
- 35 · Lovers Do · pm *
- 36 · In Winter I Wrote Love Poems · pm *
- 37 · Hands · pm *
- 38 · Old House · pm *
- 39 · Old Mother · pm *
- 40 · Grandfather Is Home from Seattle · pm *
- 41 · He Died of Cystic Fibrosis at 24 · pm *
- 42 · Prayer in the ICU · pm *
- 43 · Grandma in the Corner, Dying · pm *
- 44 · O Hurried Guest · pm *
- 45 · A Poem for Erins First Christmas · pm *
- 46 · Worlds Might Stumble · pm *
- 47 · When · pm *
- 48 · Of My Beloved Son · pm *
- 50 · II. Apocalyptic Verses
- 50 · Tin Men · pm The Anthology of Speculative Poetry #4, ed. Robert Frazier, 1980
- 51 · On Another Road · pm *
- 52 · Myrtle Beach · pm *
- 53 · If I Hadnt Overturned the Stone · pm *
- 54 · Dog and Bear · pm *
- 55 · Winter of Wishes · pm The Magazine of Speculative Poetry
- 56 · Judge · pm *
- 57 · One Will Be Taken · pm *
- 58 · Broken Kings · pm *
- 59 · Hordes · pm *
- 60 · Outside the Ark · pm *
- 61 · Potion for Immortality · pm Four Poems, Galographics Press, 1985
- 62 · From a Spirit to the One Possessed · pm Amazing Nov 81
- 63 · Warning to a Long-Haired Woman · pm Four Poems, Galographics Press, 1985
- 64 · Redeemers · pm *
- 65 · Fire at the End of the World · pm *
- 75 · Point Most West · pm *
- 76 · No Snow White · pm *
- 77 · Mammon · pm *
- 78 · Needle · pm *
- 79 · III. Wholly Writ
- 80 · Corn Is the Soil Song · pm *
- 81 · Last Supper · pm *
- 82 · Slight Bread · pm *
- 83 · If Jesus Wept · pm *
- 84 · Holy Moments · pm *
- 85 · John 4:14, 15 · pm *
- 86 · Unremarkable They Grow · pm *
- 87 · Is Prophecy a Gift? · pm Sunstone Spr 76
- 88 · Jacob Smith of Somerset · pm The Ensign Jan 77
- 89 · Openings · pm BYU Studies Spr 81
- 90 · Thou Whose Hand Is Ever Light · pm *
- 91 · Deep Slow Illness · pm *
- 92 · All That the Earth Can Yield · pm The Ensign Oct 81
- 93 · Afterword · aw