Next -- Table-of-Contents
The Locus Index to Science Fiction: 2005
Previous -- Table-of-Contents
Second Sight Gary Blackwood (Penguin/Dutton 0-525-47481-1, Sep 2005, $16.99, 279pp, hc, cover by Greg Call) Young-adult alternate-history fantasy about psychics real and fake and a plot to kill President Lincoln.
Drowned Night [by Matthew J. Costello] Chris Blaine (Berkley 0-425-20676-9, Nov 2005, $6.99, 324pp, pb) [Abbadon Inn] Horror novel in the Abbadon Inn series. Blaine is a house name; the author is Matthew Costello.
Dark Whispers [by Craig Shaw Gardner] Chris Blaine (Berkley 0-425-20629-7, Oct 2005, $6.99, 292pp, pb, cover by Steven Ferlauto) [Abbadon Inn] Horror novel in the Abbadon Inn series. Blaine is a house name; the author is Craig Shaw Gardner.
Twisted Branch [by Elizabeth Massie] Chris Blaine (Berkley 0-425-20524-X, Sep 2005, $6.99, 324pp, pb) [Abbadon Inn] Horror novel, the first in the Abbadon Inn series about a haunted hotel. Blaine is a house name; the author is Elizabeth Massie.
Voices of Vision: Creators of Science Fiction & Fantasy Speak Jayme Lynn Blaschke (University of Nebraska Press/Bison Books 0-8032-6239-6, Apr 2005, $14.95, 194pp, tp, cover by R. W. Boeche) Non-fiction collection of interviews with 17 authors and editors including Gardner Dozois, Charles de Lint, Neil Gaiman, and Harlan Ellison. Order from University of Nebraska Press, 233 North 8th St., Lincoln NE 68588-0484; orders 800-755-1105; [firstname.lastname@example.org]; [www.nebraskapress.unl.edu].
The True Nature of Mars Christiane Blasius (AuthorHouse 1-4208-6799-7, Oct 2005, $28.50, 266pp, tp) SF novel about an international Mars mission. Originally published in German as Das Wesen des Mars (Fischer & Fischer Media 2002). This is a print-on-demand edition available online at [www.authorhouse.com] or from AuthorHouse, 1663 Liberty Drive, Suite 200, Bloomington IN 47403.
13 Phantasms and Other Stories James P. Blaylock (Ace 0-441-01257-4, Feb 2005, $6.99, 289 + xiv, pb, cover by Greg Spalenka) Reprint (Edgewood Press 2000) collection of 16 stories, with an introduction by the author.
The Vanished Priestess Meredith Blevins (Tor/Forge 0-765-34689-3, Aug 2005, $6.99, 316pp, pb, cover by Shasti OLeary Soudant) [Annie Szabo] Reprint (Forge 2004) mystery with possible fantasy elements, featuring gypsy Annie Szabo of The Hummingbird Wizard.
The Fear Planet and Other Unusual Destinations Robert Bloch (Subterranean Press 1-59606-005-0, Mar 2005, $40.00, 301pp, hc, cover by Gahan Wilson) Collection of 20 stories, all previously uncollected. The first volume in The Readers Bloch. Edited and with an introduction by Stefan R. Dziemianowicz. This is a signed, limited edition of 750; a lettered edition of 26 is also available.
- 7 · Future Imperfect · Stefan R. Dziemianowicz · in
- 17 · Beep No More, My Lady · ss Fantastic Universe Mar 60
- 23 · How Bug-Eyed Was My Monster · ss Caper May 57
- 29 · The Old Switcheroo · ss Worlds of If Mar/Apr 72
- 37 · Have TuxWill Travel · ss Infinity Science Fiction Nov 55
- 53 · Alternate Universe · ss Super Science Fiction Aug 57
- 61 · The End of Science-Fiction · ss Other Worlds Science Stories Oct 51
- 75 · Last Laugh · ss Startling Stories Nov 41
- 85 · The Tempter · ss Satellite Oct 57
- 95 · A Lesson for the Teacher · ss Fantastic Oct 58
- 105 · Lets Do It for Love · ss Fantastic Nov/Dec 53
- 123 · The Machine that Changed History · ss Science Fiction Stories Jul 43
- 137 · The Man Who Walked Through Mirrors · ss Amazing Aug 39
- 149 · Red Moon Rising · ss Amazing Jun 58
- 163 · The Black Brain [as by Tarleton Fiske] · ss Fantastic Adventures Mar 43
- 177 · Murder from the Moon · ss Amazing Nov 42
- 195 · Secret of the Observatory · nv Amazing Aug 38
- 229 · Phantom from the Film [as by Tarleton Fiske] · ss Amazing Feb 43
- 247 · The Fear Planet · ss Super Science Stories Feb 43
- 261 · Grandma Goes to Mars · ss Amazing Nov 54
- 269 · Queen of the Metal Men · ss Fantastic Adventures Apr 40
- 283 · The Tin You Love to Touch · ss Other Worlds Science Stories Jun 51
Necklace of Kisses Francesca Lia Block (HarperCollins 0-06-077751-6, Aug 2005, $21.95, 227pp, hc, cover by C. Sagel) [Weetzie Bat] Fantasy novel in which former YA protagonist Weetzie Bat turns 40.
Story Time Edward Bloor (Harcourt 0-15-205222-4, Aug 2005, $7.95, 431pp, tp, cover by Kelly Eismann) Reprint (Harcourt 2004) young-adult horror satire.
The Healer Michael Blumlein (Prometheus/Pyr 1-59102-314-9, Jul 2005, $25.00, 359pp, hc, cover by Caniglia) Fantasy novel about a man with healing powers, treated as a valuable commodity in his world.
The Science in Science Fiction: 83 SF Predictions that Became Scientific Reality Robert W. Bly (BenBella Books 1-932100-48-2, Aug 2005, $24.00, 367pp, hc, cover by J. P. Targete) Non-fiction, a look at scientific developments predicted in SF. Includes bibliography and index. BenBella Books, 6440 N. Central Expressway, Suite 508, Dallas TX 75206; [www.benbellabooks.com]; info: email@example.com.
Bite Club Hal Bodner (Alyson 1-55583-903-7, Jun 2005, $14.95, 347pp, tp) Gay vampire novel set in West Hollywood. A first novel.
Bite Club Hal Bodner (SFBC #1193688, Oct 2005, $10.99, 347pp, hc) Reprint (Alyson 2005) gay vampire novel. This has ISBN 0-7394-5527-3; it lacks a price and has the SFBC number on the back jacket.
Eberron: The Orb of Xoriat Edward Bolme (Wizards of the Coast 0-7869-3819-6, Oct 2005, $6.99, 310pp, pb, cover by Wayne Reynolds) [Eberron: War-Torn] Novelization based on the roleplaying game, the second volume in The War-Torn series. Copyrighted by Wizards of the Coast.
The Fragment Lance Bond (Argon Publishing 0-9769950-0-X, Jul 2005, $15.95, 308pp, tp) [House of Kand] Fantasy novelization, the first book in the House of Kand series set in the roleplaying game HârnWorld. A priest seeks a magic artifact with which to overthrow the emperor. A first novel. Argon Publishing, PO Box 3457, Blaine WA 98231; [www.argonpublishing.com].
Soul Stealer Martin Booth (Little, Brown 0-316-15591-8, Jun 2005, $14.99, 242pp, hc, cover by Kim McGillivray) [Alchemists Son] Young-adult fantasy novel, the second in The Alchemists Son duology. Pip, Tim, and Sebastian face a new evil from the past. First US edition (Puffin UK 6/03).
Dream Susan V. Bosak (TCP Press 1-896232-04-3, Nov 2004, $17.95, hc) Childrens picture book about the dreams of all ages, illustrated by 15 artists including Leo & Diane Dillon and Shaun Tan. This is dated 2004 but not seen until now. TCP Press, 9 Lobraico Lane, Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON L4A 7X5 Canada; [www.tcppress.com].
Etiquette with Your Robot Wife and Thirty More SF/F/H Lists Bruce Boston (Talisman 1-888993-19-7, 2005, $5.95, 43pp, ph, cover by Marge Simon) Chapbook collection of 31 list poems, illustrated by Marge Simon. Talisman, Box 565572, Miami FL 33256; or PayPal to [firstname.lastname@example.org]; signed copies available on request.
- 9 · Signs Your Parents Are Being Replaced by Automatons · pm *
- 10 · Things Not to Do or Say When a Mad Scientist Moves into Your Neighborhood · pm *
- 11 · Things Not to Say When You Meet a Famous SF Writer · pm *
- 12 · What to Take and Not to the Enchanted Forest · pm Asimovs Dec, 2004
- 13 · Reasons the Druids Did Not Survive · pm *
- 14 · Things Not to Say at a Witch Burning · pm *
- 15 · Things Not to Say When You Are Being Tortured to Death · pm *
- 16 · Things Not to Say When You Meet the Master of the Universe · pm Mythic Delirium #10, 2004
- 17 · Rules for Dealing with Your Teenage Werewolf Son · pm Weird Tales Jan-Feb, 2004
- 18 · How to Keep an Aging Werewolf Happy · pm Asimovs Mar, 2005
- 19 · How a Werewolf Chooses an Agent · pm Strange Horizons (online) Aug 18, 2003
- 21 · Excuses Why Your Monster Husband Cannot Come to the Phone · pm Asimovs Dec, 2004
- 22 · Things Not to Say after a Nuclear Holocaust · pm *
- 23 · The Car of the Future · pm *
- 24 · Please Read Before Assembly · pm *
- 26 · What to Do When Your Relatives from Mars Visit Unexpectedly · pm *
- 27 · Signs You Could Be Living in a Virtual Reality · pm *
- 28 · Signs You Could Be a Clone · pm Strange Horizons (online) May 17, 2004
- 29 · How to Wed Your Robot Bride · pm Star*Line v27 #6, 2004
- 30 · Etiquette with Your Robot Wife · pm Asimovs Jan, 2003
- 32 · Etiquette with a Robot Warrior · pm *
- 33 · Signs Your Domestic Robot Needs a Tune-Up · pm Talebones Sum, 2004
- 34 · Our Robot President: The First Hundred Days · pm Star*Line v27 #2, 2004
- 35 · Why I Chose a Robot Body and Have Never Regretted It · pm Asimovs Apr/May, 2005
- 36 · How to Tell If Its an Android · pm Asimovs Jun, 2005
- 37 · Etiquette with a Shapeshifter · pm *
- 38 · New Years Resolutions: 2223 · pm Dreams & Nightmares #71, 2005
- 39 · What to Expect and Not from an Interstellar Voyage · pm Asimovs Oct/Nov, 2004
- 40 · How to Court a Native of Altair Five · pm Strange Horizons (online) Apr 12, 2004
- 41 · Things You Cant Avoid As an Immortal · pm Asimovs Sep, 2004
- 42 · Advice on Meeting the Devil in Hell · pm *
The Stones of Green Knowe L. M. Boston (Harcourt/Odyssey 0-15-205566-5, Jan 2006, $5.95, 133pp, tp, cover by Brett Helquist) [Green Knowe] Reprint (Atheneum 1976) young-adult fantasy novel, sixth in the Green Knowe series, with the original illustrations by Peter Boston. A hardcover edition (-205560-6, $17.00) is also available.
Mercury Ben Bova (Tor 0-765-30412-0, May 2005, $24.95, 319pp, hc, cover by John Harris) [Grand Tour] SF novel. First US edition (Hodder & Stoughton 2/05).
The Silent War Ben Bova (Tor 0-812-57990-9, Feb 2005, $7.99, 410pp, pb, cover by Stephan Martiniere) [Grand Tour: Asteroid Wars] Reprint (Hodder & Stoughton 2004) SF novel, third book in The Asteroid Wars.
Tales of the Grand Tour Ben Bova (Tor 0-765-31044-9, Apr 2005, $15.95, 382pp, tp, cover by John Harris) [Grand Tour] Reprint (Tor 2004) collection.
Exalted: Pillar of the Sun Carl Bowen (White Wolf 1-58846-868-2, Apr 2005, $6.99, 278pp, pb, cover by UDON) [Exalted] Novelization based on the roleplaying game set pre-World of Darkness. Copyrighted by White Wolf.
From the Files of the Time Rangers Richard Bowes (Golden Gryphon Press 1-930846-35-5, Sep 2005, $24.95, 268pp, hc, cover by John Picacio) SF mosaic novel of three young rangers try to police the time stream in an alternate world where Roman gods manipulate events in the 20th century. Introduction by Kage Baker; afterword by the author. Order from Golden Gryphon Press, 3002 Perkins Road, Urbana IL 61802; [www.goldengryphon.com].
Apocalypse Tim Bowler (Simon & Schuster/McElderry 1-4169-0370-4, Sep 2005, $16.95, 335pp, hc, cover by Cliff Nielsen) Young-adult dark fantasy thriller. Kit and his parents are stranded on an eerie island. First US edition (Oxford University Press 10/04).
Bradbury Speaks: Too Soon from the Cave, Too Far from the Stars Ray Bradbury (HarperCollins/Morrow 0-06-058568-4, Aug 2005, $25.95, 243 + xi, hc, cover by Ervin Serrano) Collection of 37 essays (12 previously unpublished) including seven on writing and five on SF.
Bradbury Stories: 100 of His Most Celebrated Tales Ray Bradbury (HarperCollins/Perennial 0-06-054488-0, Apr 2005, $17.95, 893pp, tp) Reprint (Morrow 2003) collection of 100 stories from throughout Bradburys career. Introduction by Bradbury.
The Cats Pajamas Ray Bradbury (SFBC #1167695, Feb 2005, $10.99, 234pp, tp, cover by Ray Bradbury) Reprint (Morrow 2004) original collection of 22 stories, one a story-poem, two reprints. This lacks a price and has the SFBC number on the back cover.
The Cats Pajamas Ray Bradbury (Harper Perennial 0-06-077733-8, Aug 2005, $12.95, 234pp, tp, cover by Ray Bradbury) Reprint (Morrow 2004) original collection of 22 stories.
A Sound of Thunder and Other Stories Ray Bradbury (Harper Perennial 0-06-078569-1, Jul 2005, $13.95, 338pp, tp) Reprint (Avon 1997 The Golden Apples of the Sun and Other Stories) collection/omnibus of 32 stories, combining the contents of The Golden Apples of the Sun (1953) and R Is for Rocket (1962), less three stories from The Golden Apples of the Sun. This is a movie tie-in edition.
The Ages of Chaos Marion Zimmer Bradley (SFBC #1180914, Feb 2005, $12.99, 763pp, hc, cover by Romas Kukalis) [Darkover] Reprint (DAW 2002) SF omnibus of two Darkover novels: Stormqueen! (1978) and Hawkmistress! (1982). This has ISBN 0-7394-5030-1; it lacks a price and has the SFBC number on the back jacket.
The Saga of the Renunciates Marion Zimmer Bradley (SFBC #1192206, Aug 2005, $17.99, 1116pp, hc, cover by Romas Kukalis) [Darkover] Reprint (DAW 2002) SF omnibus of three Darkover novels: The Shattered Chain (1976), Thendara House (1983), and City of Sorcery (1984). This has ISBN 0-7394-5612-1; it lacks a price and has the SFBC number on the back jacket.
A Flame in Hali Marion Zimmer Bradley & Deborah J. Ross (DAW 0-7564-0267-0, Jun 2005, $7.99, 543pp, pb, cover by Romas Kukalis) [Darkover: Clingfire] Reprint (DAW 2004) SF novel set on Marion Zimmer Bradleys Darkover in the age of the Hundred Kingdoms, the third volume in the Clingfire trilogy.
The Burroughs Cyclopaedia Clark A. Brady (McFarland 0-7864-2123-1, Feb 2005, $39.95, 402pp, tp) Reprint (McFarland 1996) non-fiction, a reference guide to characters, places, and things found in the works of Edgar Rice Burroughs. Available from McFarland & Company, Box 611, Jefferson NC 28640; 800-253-2187; [www.mcfarlandpub.com].
Seal Island Kate Brallier (Tor 0-765-34892-6, Mar 2005, $6.99, 466pp, pb) Dark fantasy romantic suspense novel. A woman inherits an island house and meets a strangely attractive drifter. Brallier is a pen name for Anne Lesley Groell.
Formidable Enemy Terry Bramlett (Gale Group/Five Star 1-59414-280-7, Jun 2005, $25.95, 242pp, hc, cover by Alan M. Clark) SF novel. Aliens living on Earth want to restart a war by assassinating the U.S. President. A first novel. Order from Five Star, 27500 Drake Road, Farmington Hills MI 48331-3535; 800-877-4253; [www.galegroup.com/fivestar].
Home Before Dark: The Collected Cedar Hill Stories, Volume 2 Gary A. Braunbeck (Earthling Publications 0-9766339-0-6, Oct 2005, $45.00, 429pp, hc, cover by Deena Warner) [Cedar Hill] Collection of 19 horror stories and five related pieces set in the town of Cedar Hill. Two stories, a fictional newspaper article, and excerpts from a visitors guide are original; the reprint stories have all been revised or corrected. Illustrated by Deena Warner. This is a signed, limited edition of 500; a traycased, lettered edition of 15 ($200.00) is also available. Earthling Publications, PO Box 413, Northborough MA 01532; [email@example.com]; [www.earthlingpub.com].
- 11 · A Selection of Cedar Hill Citizens and the Leonard/Conover Family Tree · ms *
- · PART ONE: YOUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS
- 17 · Visitors Guide excerpt · ms *
- 19 · Afterthoughts · ss After Hours Fll 90
- 27 · Safe [Searching for Survivors] · na Things Left Behind, CD Publications, 1997
- 63 · In the Direction of Summers Coming · ss Escaping Purgatory: Fables in Words and Pictures, IFD Publishing, 2001
- 69 · The Box Man · ss Shivers II, ed. Richard Chizmar, CD Publications, 2003
- 83 · After the Elephant Ballet · nv Heaven Sent, ed. Peter Crowther & Martin H. Greenberg, DAW, 1995
- 105 · Palimpsest Day · nv Past Imperfect, ed. Martin H. Greenberg & Larry Segriff, DAW, 2001
- · PART TWO: JUST PASSING THROUGH
- 135 · Visitors Guide excerpt · ms *
- 137 · He Didnt Even Leave a Note · vi A Little Orange Book of Odd Stories, Borderlands Press, 2003
- 139 · Dinosaur Day · ss TheFear Within, ed. A. Nicole Thomas & Elizabeth Peake, 3F Publications, 2003
- 155 · Within a Dark Wood · ss The Blood Review Apr 90
- 163 · That, and the Rain · nv Damned: An Anthology of the Lost, ed. David G. Barnett, Necro Publications, 2004
- 181 · Just Out of Reach · ss Cemetery Dance #50, 2004
- 199 · Rami Temporalis · nv Borderlands 5, ed. Elizabeth E. Monteleone & Thomas F. Monteleone, Borderlands Press, 2003
- · PART THREE: DOWNTOWN, NEAR MIDNIGHT
- 219 · Visitors Guide excerpt · ms *
- 221 · Feature Article from the archives of The Cedar Hill Ally · ms *
- 223 · The Kiss of the Mudman · na *
- · PART FOUR: HOME BEFORE DARK
- 273 · Visitors Guide excerpt · ms *
- 275 · Duty · ss Vivasections, Catalyst Press, 2003
- 289 · The Friendless Bodies of Unburied Men · nv Cemetery Dance Spr 96
- 311 · The King of Rotten Wood · ss Taverns of the Dead, ed. Burke, Kealan Patrick, CD Publications, 2005
- 333 · Some Touch of Pity · nv Werewolves, ed. Martin H. Greenberg, DAW, 1995
- 369 · The Sisterhood of Plain-Faced Women · nv SPWAO Showcase #7 89; revised.
- 403 · The Circus of Central Motion · nv
Keepers Gary A. Braunbeck (Leisure 0-8439-5577-5, Sep 2005, $6.99, 339pp, pb) Horror novel. Theres something strange about the animals in town.
A Great and Terrible Beauty Libba Bray (Random House/Delacorte 0-385-73231-7, Mar 2005, $8.95, 403pp, tp, cover by Michael Frost) [Great and Terrible Beauty] Reprint (Delacorte 2003) young-adult fantasy novel. This indicates third printing.
Rebel Angels Libba Bray (Random House/Delacorte 0-385-73029-2, Aug 2005, $16.95, 548pp, hc, cover by Michael Frost) [Great and Terrible Beauty] Young-adult fantasy novel, sequel to A Great and Terrible Beauty.
Song of Unmaking Caitlin Brennan (Harlequin/Luna 0-373-80232-3, Oct 2005, $13.95, 479pp, tp) [White Magic trilogy] Romantic fantasy novel, second in the White Magic trilogy. Brennan is a pen name for Judith Tarr.
Ravens Strike Patricia Briggs (Ace 0-441-01312-0, Aug 2005, $7.99, 381pp, pb, cover by Jerry Vanderstelt) [Ravens Shadow] Fantasy novel, sequel to Ravens Shadow. A mage, one of the last of the wandering wizard clans, seeks her missing husband.
Steal the Dragon Patricia Briggs (Ace 0-441-00273-0, Jul 2005, $6.50, 275pp, pb, cover by Royo) Reissue (Ace 1995) fantasy novel. Second printing.
When Demons Walk Patricia Briggs (Ace 0-441-00534-9, Aug 2005, $6.50, 272pp, pb, cover by Luis Royo) Reissue (Ace 1998) fantasy/mystery novel. A sorceress/thief poses as a lords mistress to find a killer. 11th printing.
King Kong Is Back! ed. David Brin & Leah Wilson (BenBella Books 1-932100-64-4, Nov 2005, $17.95, 216pp, tp) [King Kong] Non-fiction gathering of 20 essays on the movie ape by authors including James Gunn, David Gerrold, and Adam Roberts. Introduction by Brin. Illustrated by Bob Eggleton. BenBella Books, 6440 N. Central Expressway, Suite 508, Dallas TX 75206; [www.benbellabooks.com].
Love in Vein II: Twice Bitten ed. Poppy Z. Brite (HarperCollins/Eos 0-06-105657-X, Mar 2005, $7.99, 534pp, pb) Reissue (HarperPrism 1997 as Love in Vein II) original anthology of 18 tales of vampiric erotica. This is copyrighted by Brite and Martin H. Greenberg. Fifth printing.
Love in Vein ed. Poppy Z. Brite (HarperCollins/Eos 0-06-105490-9, Mar 2005, $7.99, 397pp, pb) Reissue (HarperPrism 1994) original vampire anthology. This is copyrighted by Brite and Martin H. Greenberg. Ninth printing.
Godplayers Damien Broderick (Thunders Mouth Press 1-56025-670-2, May 2005, $14.95, 328pp, tp) [Players in the Contest of Worlds] Science-fantasy novel. August Seebeck gets unexpectedly involved in a multiverse-spanning Contest of Worlds.
Fantasy of the 20th Century: An Illustrated History Randy Broecker (Collectors Press 1-888054-41-7, Nov 2004, $19.95, 256pp, tp, cover by Donato Giancola) Reprint (Collectors Press 2001) lavishly illustrated pictorial history of modern genre fantasy, from pulps to present. Order from Collectors Press, PO Box 230986, Portland OR 97281; 800-423-1848; [www.collectorspress.com].
The Plucker Brom (Abrams 0-8109-5792-2, Oct 2005, $24.95, 143pp, hc, cover by Gerald Brom) Dark fantasy illustrated novel. Toys defend their boy from the sinister Plucker. A first novel.
Alices Adventures: Lewis Carroll in Popular Culture Will Brooker (Continuum 0-8264-1433-8, Apr 2004, $27.95, 380 + xviii, tp, cover by Lewis Carroll) Non-fiction, a critical examination of the use of Alice and Carroll as icons in 20th-century popular culture, from movies and music to computer games, and the obsession with Carrolls possible pedophilia. This is dated 2004, but not seen until now. Includes bibliography and index. [Lewis Carroll]
High Druid of Shannara: Jarka Ruus Terry Brooks (Ballantine Del Rey 0-345-48389-8, Aug 2005, $13.95, 398pp, tp, cover by Steve Stone) [Shannara: High Druid of Shannara] Reprint (Del Rey 2003) fantasy novel in the Shannara series, first book in the High Druid of Shannara series set 20 years after The Voyage of the Jerle Shannara.
High Druid of Shannara: Straken Terry Brooks (Ballantine Del Rey 0-345-45112-0, Sep 2005, $26.95, 368pp, hc, cover by Steve Stone) [Shannara: High Druid of Shannara] Fantasy novel in the Shannara series, third book in the High Druid of Shannara series set 20 years after The Voyage of the Jerle Shannara.
High Druid of Shannara: Straken Terry Brooks (SFBC #1184792, Sep 2005, $14.99, 335pp, hc, cover by Steve Stone) [Shannara: High Druid of Shannara] Reprint (Del Rey 2005) fantasy novel in the Shannara series, third book in the High Druid of Shannara series set 20 years after The Voyage of the Jerle Shannara. This is similar to the Del Rey edition, except it lacks a price and has the SFBC number on the back jacket.