The February issue features:
- Locus's annual year-in-review coverage, with Recommended Reading lists of 2001's best books and short fiction, essays by Locus reviewers and other critics including Gardner Dozois, John Clute, and Michael Swanwick, and Locus's summaries of book and magazine publishing in 2001.
- An interview with Tim Powers.
- News stories include the Nebula Preliminary Ballot, the Philip K. Dick Award nominees, details of the upcoming Nebula Awards Weekend, results of the 2001 UPC Award, and lists of various sources' best books and bestsellers of 2001.
- Obituaries of Jack C. Haldeman II, Cele Goldsmith Lalli, Keith Allen Daniels, and others.
- Comprehensive listings of books and magazines published in December.
- Bestsellers from specialty bookstores in November, and Locus's selected New and Notable Books.
- Reviews include the debuts of two new short fiction columns by Nick Gevers and Rich Horton; plus reviews of new books by David Brin, Michael Swanwick, John Shirley, John Crowley, Susan Cooper, Lucius Shepard, Ken MacLeod, and others (complete list of reviews).
Click for larger image
Cover Design: Arnie Fenner