Next -- Table-of-Contents
The Locus Index to Science Fiction: 1984-1998
Previous -- Table-of-Contents
Midnight Sun Ramsey Campbell (Macdonald 0-356-18650-4, Sep 90 [Jun 90], £12.95, 312pp, hc) Low-key horror novel set around an ice-shrouded forest in the Yorkshire Dales. Recommended. (PSP)
Needing Ghosts Ramsey Campbell (Legend 0-7126-3685-4, Aug 90, £25.00, 80pp, hc) Horror novella. This is a limited edition of 300 numbered copies, signed by the author.
Needing Ghosts Ramsey Campbell (Legend 0-7126-2159-8, Sep 90 [Aug 90], £4.50, 80pp, tp, cover by Jamel Akib) Horror novella, illustrated throughout by Jamel Akib. This trade edition was preceded by a limited edition. Also available in hardcover (-3691-9, £8.99).
Obsession Ramsey Campbell (Futura 0-7088-4396-4, Sep 90, £3.50, 283pp, pb, cover by Oliver Hunter) Reprint (Macmillan 1985) horror novel. This edition includes a new afterword by the author.
Sunset Terrace Imagery in Lovecraft and Other Essays Peter Cannon (Necronomicon Press 0-940884-32-1, Jul 90 [Aug 90], $5.50, 42pp, ph, cover by Jason C. Eckhardt) Collection of 12 Lovecraftian essays with an introduction by Steven J. Mariconda. [H. P. Lovecraft]
Torments Lisa Cantrell (Tor 0-812-50668-5, Oct 90 [Sep 90], $4.95, 308pp, pb, cover by Bob Eggleton) Horror novel, sequel to the Stoker Award-winning The Manse.
Toward the Radical Center: A Karel Capek Reader Karel Capek (Catbird Press 0-945774-07-9, Mar 90 [May 90], $12.95, 408pp, tp, cover by Chris Lione) Collection of plays and stories by Capek, including a new (and first complete) translation of the play R.U.R. and an excerpt from a new translation of From the Life of the Insects.
War with the Newts Karel Capek (Catbird Press 0-945774-10-9, Mar 90 [May 90], $9.95, 241pp, tp, cover by Chris Lione) Reprint (Czech 1937 as Valka s Mloky) classic literary satire of utopias. This is the first American edition of a new translation by Ewald Osers, first published by Allen & Unwin in the UK in 1985.
Burster Michael Capobianco (Bantam Spectra 0-553-28543-2, Jul 90 [Jun 90], $3.95, 247pp, pb, cover by Paul Swendsen) Sf novel of a young interstellar colonist sent back to Earth when the colony ship loses contact with home.
The Abyss Orson Scott Card (Pocket 0-671-67625-3, Apr 90 [Jul 90], $4.50, 363pp, pb) Reissue (Pocket 1989) sf novelization; third printing.
Characters and Viewpoint Orson Scott Card (Robinson 1-85487-073-4, Sep 90, £5.99, 182pp, tp) Reprint (Writers Digest 1988) non-fiction writers guide. In the Writers Workshop series.
Enders Game Orson Scott Card (Legend 0-09-949610-0, Mar 90, £3.99, 357pp, pb) [Ender Wiggin] Reissue (Tor 1985) sf novel.
The Folk of the Fringe Orson Scott Card (Legend 0-7126-3638-2, Mar 90 [Feb 90], £5.95, 243pp, tp, cover by Fred Gambino) [Carpenter] Reprint (Phantasia 1989) collection of five connected stories (including one original) set in a near future post-WWIII America among the Mormon survivors, plus an article on writing and an appreciation by fellow Mormon Michael Collings. Also available in hardcover (-3637-4, £11.95).
The Folk of the Fringe Orson Scott Card (Tor 0-812-50086-5, Aug 90, $4.95, 306pp, pb, cover by Glen Bellamy) [Carpenter] Reprint (Phantasia 1989) collection of five connected stories set in a near-future post-WWIII America among the Mormon survivors, plus an article on writing and an appreciation by Michael Collings.
How to Write Science Fiction and Fantasy Orson Scott Card (Writers Digest Books 0-89879-416-1, Aug 90, $13.95, 140pp, hc) Non-fiction book on writing sf.
Maps in a Mirror: The Short Fiction of Orson Scott Card Orson Scott Card (Tor 0-312-85047-6, Oct 90, $22.95, 675pp, hc) Collection of 46 stories spanning Cards entire career. The book is divided into five sections, with an introduction and afterword by Card for each.
- 3 · Introduction to Book 1: The Hanged Man, Tales of Dread · si
- 5 · Eumenides in the Fourth Floor Lavatory · nv Chrysalis 4, ed. Roy Torgeson, Zebra, 1979
- 16 · Quietus · ss Omni Aug 79
- 26 · Deep Breathing Exercises · ss Omni Jul 79
- 31 · Fat Farm · ss Omni Jan 80
- 39 · Closing the Timelid · ss F&SF Dec 79
- 48 · Freeway Games [Hard Driver] · ss Gallery Nov 79
- 57 · A Sepulcher of Songs · nv Omni Jun 81; as A Sepulchre of Songs
- 74 · Prior Restraint · ss Aboriginal SF Oct 86
- 82 · The Changed Man and the King of Words · nv Omni Dec 82
- 103 · Memories of My Head · ss *
- 108 · Lost Boys · ss F&SF Oct 89
- 121 · Afterword to Book 1: The Hanged Man, Tales of Dread · aw
- 135 · Introduction to Book 2: Flux, Tales of Human Futures · si
- 140 · A Thousand Deaths [Worthing] · nv Omni Dec 78
- 152 · Clap Hands and Sing · ss The Best of Omni Science Fiction, No. 3, ed. Ben Bova & Don Myrus, Omni, 1982
- 160 · Dogwalker · nv IASFM Nov 89
- 177 · But We Try Not to Act Like It · ss Destinies Aug 79
- 189 · I Put My Blue Genes On · ss Analog Aug 78
- 202 · In the Doghouse · Orson Scott Card & Jay A. Parry · ss Analog Dec 78
- 214 · The Originist · na Foundations Friends, ed. Martin H. Geeenberg, Tor, 1989
- 263 · Afterword to Book 2: Flux, Tales of Human Futures · aw
- 273 · Introduction to Book 3: Maps in a Mirror, Fables and Fantasies · si
- 277 · Unaccompanied Sonata · ss Omni Mar 79
- 290 · A Cross-Country Trip to Kill Richard Nixon · nv Chrysalis 7, ed. Roy Torgeson, Zebra, 1980
- 301 · The Porcelain Salamander · ss Unaccompanied Sonata, Dial, 1981
- 307 · Middle Woman [as by Byron Walley] · ss Dragons of Darkness, ed. Orson Scott Card, Ace, 1981
- 310 · The Bully and the Beast · na Other Worlds #1, ed. Roy Torgeson, Zebra, 1979
- 343 · The Princess and the Bear · nv The Berkley Showcase Vol. 1, ed. Victoria Schochet & John W. Silbersack, Berkley, 1980
- 363 · Sandmagic · nv Swords Against Darkness #4, ed. Andrew J. Offutt, Zebra, 1979
- 374 · The Best Day [as by Dinah Kirkham] · ss Woman of Destiny, Orson Scott Card, Berkley, 1984
- 377 · A Plague of Butterflies · ss Amazing Nov 81
- 390 · The Monkeys Thought Twas All in Fun · nv Analog May 79
- 420 · Afterword to Book 3: Maps in a Mirror, Fables and Fantasies · aw
- 433 · Introduction to Book 4: Cruel Miracles, Tales of Death, Hope, and Holiness · si
- 440 · Mortal Gods · ss F&SF Jan 79
- 446 · Saving Grace · ss Night Cry Fll 87
- 456 · Eye for Eye · na IASFM Mar 87
- 491 · St. Amys Tale · nv Omni Dec 80
- 505 · Kingsmeat · ss Analog Yearbook, ed. Ben Bova, Baronet, 1978
- 512 · Holy · nv New Dimensions 10, ed. Robert Silverberg, Harper & Row, 1980
- 531 · Afterword to Book 4: Cruel Miracles, Tales of Death, Hope, and Holiness · aw
- 539 · Introduction to Book 5: Lost Songs, The Hidden Stories · si
- 541 · Enders Game [Ender Wiggin] · nv Analog Aug 77
- 567 · Mikals Songbird [Ansset] · nv Analog May 78
- 589 · Prentice Alvin and the No-Good Plow · pm Sunstone Aug 89
- 601 · Malpractice · ss Analog Nov 77
- 611 · Follower · nv Analog Feb 78
- 628 · Hitching · ss Mountainwest, 1978
- 635 · Damn Fine Novel [as by Noam D. Pellume] · vi The Green Pages Oct 89
- 638 · Billys Box [as by Byron Walley] · vi The Friend Feb 78
- 641 · The Best Family Home Evening Ever [as by Byron Walley] · vi The Friend Jan 78
- 644 · Bicicleta [as by Byron Walley] · vi The Friend Oct 77
- 647 · I Think Mom and Dad Are Going Crazy, Jerry [as by Byron Walley] · ss The New Era May 79
- 654 · Gert Fram [as by Byron Walley] · ss The Ensign Jul 77
- 663 · Afterword to Book 5: Lost Songs, The Hidden Stories · aw
Maps in a Mirror: The Short Fiction of Orson Scott Card Orson Scott Card (BOMC, Nov 90 [Oct 90], $17.95, 675pp, hc) Reprint (Tor 1990) collection of 46 stories. This edition is identical to the Tor edition except it lacks an ISBN, price, and has a special BOMC mark on the back.
Maps in a Mirror: The Short Fiction of Orson Scott Card Orson Scott Card (Easton Press, Nov 90, no price, 675pp, hc) Collection of 46 stories, with a preface by James Gunn and several full-color illustrations by Jill Bauman. This edition is published simultaneously with the Tor and BOMC editions listed previously. This special signed leatherbound gilt-edge edition is part of the Signed First Editions of Science Fiction series and is available by subscription only.
Songmaster Orson Scott Card (Legend 0-09-963850-9, Mar 90 [Feb 90], £3.99, 377pp, pb) Reprint (Dial 1980) sf novel. This editions includes the minor revisions done for the 1987 Tor edition. Recommended. (PSP)
Speaker for the Dead Orson Scott Card (Legend 0-09-950320-4, Mar 90, £3.99, 415pp, pb) [Ender Wiggin] Reissue (Tor 1986) sf novel. Sequel to Enders Game.
Speaker for the Dead Orson Scott Card (Easton Press, Jul 90, no price, 415pp, hc) [Ender Wiggin] Reprint (Tor 1986) Hugo and Nebula Award-winning sf novel, sequel to Enders Game, with a new introduction by James Gunn and artwork by Vincent Di Fate. This leatherbound gilt-edge edition is part of the Masterpieces of Science Fiction series and is available by subscription only.
Treason Orson Scott Card (St. Martins 0-312-92109-8, Apr 90 [Mar 90], $4.95, 309pp, pb) Reprint (St. Martins 1988) sf novel, revised version of A Planet Called Treason (St. Martins 1979).
The Worthing Saga Orson Scott Card (Tor 0-812-50927-7, Dec 90 [Nov 90], $4.95, 463pp, pb, cover by Wayne Barlowe) [Worthing] Collection of nine stories, six from Capital (Ace 1979) plus the novel The Worthing Chronicle (Ace 1983), a revised version of Cards first novel, Hot Sleep (Baronet 1979) which includes pieces of other stories from Capitol. Two stories seem to be early work appearing for the first time.
- xi · Introduction · in
- 3 · The Worthing Chronicle · n. New York: Ace, 1983
- 277 · Skipping Stones · nv Capitol, Ace, 1979
- 297 · Second Chance [Abner Doon] · nv Destinies Jan 79
- 312 · Lifeloop · ss Analog Oct 78
- 330 · Breaking the Game [Abner Doon] · nv Analog Jan 79
- 358 · Killing Children · nv Analog Nov 78
- 383 · What Will We Do Tomorrow? [And What Will We Do Tomorrow?] · nv Capitol, Ace, 1979
- 407 · Worthing Farm · ss *
- 425 · Worthing Inn · ss *
- 432 · The Tinker · nv Eternity #2 80
- 459 · Afterword · Michael R. Collings · aw
Ashes to Ashes Lillian Stewart Carl (Charter Diamond 1-55773-421-6, Dec 90 [Nov 90], $4.50, 346pp, pb) Gothic novel with real ghosts in an Ohio replica of an ancient Scottish castle.
Conan the Great Leonard Carpenter (Tor 0-812-50714-2, Apr 90 [Mar 90], $3.95, 277pp, pb) [Conan] Fantasy novelization in the Conan series. This is a new book, despite the 1989 copyright and the line reading First edition: April 1989.
The Steel Albatross Scott Carpenter (Pocket 0-671-67313-0, Jan 91 [Dec 90], $19.95, 371pp, hc, cover by Bodan Ocyska) [Rick Tallman] Technothriller with sf elements by the former astronaut. Both the US and the Soviets are testing new underwater technology that threatens the balance of power. A first novel.
Gothic Romance Emmanuel Carrère (Macmillan Scribners 0-684-19199-7, Aug 90, $19.95, 307pp, hc, cover by Robert Goldstrom) Literary historical fantasy novel of the creatures that inspired both Mary Shelleys Frankenstein and Polidoris The Vampire, with storylines set both in the period and today. Translated from the French by Lanie Goodman, this originally appeared as Bravoure (P.O.L. 1984). This translation has been revised by the author. Recommended (SW).
Black Cocktail Jonathan Carroll (Legend 0-7126-3642-0, Aug 90, £25.00, 76pp, hc) Literary fantasy/horror novella. This is a limited edition of 300 numbered copies, signed by the author.
Black Cocktail Jonathan Carroll (Legend 0-7126-2164-4, Sep 90 [Aug 90], £4.50, 76pp, tp, cover by Dave McKean) Fantasy/horror novella, illustrated by Dave McKean. This trade edition was preceded by a limited edition. Also available in hardcover (-3680-3, £8.99).
Bones of the Moon Jonathan Carroll (Avon 0-380-70688-1, Oct 90 [Sep 90], $7.95, 217pp, tp, cover by Robert Goldstrom) [Bones of the Moon] Reprint (Century 1987) literary fantasy novel, first book of a loosely-connected trilogy. Highly recommended (CNB).
A Child Across the Sky Jonathan Carroll (Doubleday 0-385-26535-2, Jul 90, $18.95, 215pp, hc, cover by Janet Woolley) [Bones of the Moon] Fantasy novel, third book of a loose-knit trilogy begun in Bones of the Moon. First American edition (Legend 1989).
A Child Across the Sky Jonathan Carroll (Legend 0-09-970950-3, Jul 90, £3.99, 268pp, pb, cover by Wayne Anderson) [Bones of the Moon] Reprint (Century 1989) literary fantasy/horror novel.
Sleeping in Flame Jonathan Carroll (Vintage 0-679-72777-9, Jul 90, $8.95, 273pp, tp, cover by Nick Rosza) [Bones of the Moon] Reprint (Legend 1988) literary fantasy novel, second book of a loose-knit trilogy begun in Bones of the Moon.
Alices Adventures in Wonderland Lewis Carroll (Putnam/Philomel 0-399-22241-3, Nov 89 [Jan 90], $17.95, 127pp, hc, cover by Peter Weevers) [Alice] Reprint (Macmillan 1865) childrens fantasy classic, with 100 watercolors by Peter Weevers.
Alices Adventures in Wonderland Lewis Carroll (Dragons World 1-85028-105-X, Nov 90, £9.95, 96pp, hc) [Alice] Reprint (Macmillan 1865) classic young-adult fantasy novel. This edition has new illustrations by Malcolm Ashman throughout.
Alices Adventures Under Ground Lewis Carroll (Penguin/Pavillion 1-85145-541-8, Jul 90 [Aug 90], $7.95, unpaginated, tp) [Alice] Facsimile edition of the original manuscript of the childrens fantasy classic. This is a second printing of the 1985 UK edition (-4713) dated 1989, with a new cover carrying the American ISBN and price.
More Annotated Alice Lewis Carroll (Random House 0-394-58571-2, Nov 90, $35.00, 357pp, hc, cover by Deborah Jones) [Alice] Revised edition of The Annotated Alice (Potter 1960), an omnibus of Alices Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, with fully revised annotations by Martin Gardner, and the Peter Newell illustrations from the 1901 Harper and Brothers edition. The original Tenniel illustrations are not included. New material includes the episode The Wasp in the Wig cut from the text before publication plus an essay by the artist and an essay about the artist by Michael Patrick Hearn.
Black Venus Angela Carter (Picador 0-330-29395-8, Feb 90 [May 90], £3.99, 121pp, tp, cover by Louise Brierley) Reissue (The Hogarth Press 1985) literary fantasy collection.
The Infernal Desire Machines of Doctor Hoffman Angela Carter (Penguin 0-14-012028-9, Nov 90 [Jan 91], £4.99, 220pp, pb, cover by James Marsh) Reissue (Hart-Davis 1972) literary sf novel.
Nights at the Circus Angela Carter (Picador 0-330-28836-9, Feb 90 [May 90], £4.99, 295pp, tp, cover by Louise Brierley) Reissue (The Hogarth Pres 1984) literary fantasy novel.
The Old Wives Fairy Tale Book ed. Angela Carter (Pantheon 0-394-58764-2, Oct 90, $22.95, 242pp, hc, cover by Zita Asbaghi) Collection of 54 short fairy tales from different traditions, with an introduction by Carter and illustrations by Corinna Sargood. Simultaneous with the U.K. edition (Virago 1990 as The Virago Book of Fairy Tales).
The Virago Book of Fairy Tales ed. Angela Carter (Virago 1-85381-205-6, Oct 90 [Aug 90], £12.99, 242pp, hc, cover by Corinna Sargood) Anthology of fairy tales from around the world, with an introduction and notes by Angela Carter, and illustrations by Corinna Sargood. Simultaneous with the U.S. edition (Pantheon 1990 as The Old Wives Fairy Tale Book).
In the Long Dark Brian Carter (Arrow 0-09-961740-4, Sep 90 [Oct 90], £3.50, 243pp, pb) Reprint (Century 1989) animal fantasy novel.
Star Trek, the Next Generation: Doomsday World Carmen Carter, Peter David, Michael Jan Friedman & Robert Greenberger (Pocket 0-671-70237-8, Jul 90 [Jun 90], $4.50, 276pp, pb, cover by J. Birdsong) [Star Trek, the Next Generation] Star Trek novelization. Number 12 in the series.
Star Trek, the Next Generation: Doomsday World Carmen Carter, Peter David, Michael Jan Friedman & Robert Greenberger (Titan 1-85286-318-8, Jul 90, £2.99, 276pp, pb) [Star Trek, the Next Generation] Sf novelization. Simultaneous with US (Pocket Books) edition.
Under the Green Star Lin Carter (Starmont House 1-557-42047-5, 1990 [Sep 90], $19.95, 144pp, hc) [Green Star] Reprint (DAW 1972) sf sword-and-sorcery novel in the style of A. Merritt, first book of the Green Star series. This is the first hardcover edition.
Down the Stream of Stars Jeffrey A. Carver (Bantam Spectra 0-553-28302-2, Aug 90 [Jul 90], $4.95, 355pp, pb, cover by Shusei) [From a Changeling Star] Sf novel of human space colonists attacked by aliens, sequel to From a Changeling Star.
At Midnight on the 31st of March Josephine Young Case (Syracuse University Press 0-8156-2492-1, Mar 90, $9.95, 132pp, tp, cover by Edwin Earle) Reprint (Houghton Mifflin 1938) fantasy narrative poem about a town that suddenly becomes a self-contained world.
Cursed Be the Child Mort Castle (Leisure 0-8439-2919-7, Jun 90 [Jul 90], $4.50, 357pp, pb) Horror novel of a dead little girl trying to steal the body of a living one.
The Lower Deep Hugh B. Cave (Tor 0-812-51645-1, Sep 90 [Aug 90], $3.95, 378pp, pb, cover by Paul Stinson) Horror novel of voodoo in a Caribbean village.
Ghost Dad Mel Cebulash (Berkley 0-425-12453-3, Jul 90 [Jun 90], $3.95, 118pp, tp) Movie tie-in novelization.
The Demons at Rainbow Bridge Jack L. Chalker (Ace 0-441-69992-8, Jun 90 [May 90], $3.95, 295pp, pb, cover by Darrell K. Sweet) [Quintara Marathon] Reprint (Ace 1989) sf novel, first book of the Quintara Marathon series.
Demons of the Dancing Gods Jack L. Chalker (Ballantine Del Rey 0-345-30893-X, Aug 90 [Jul 90], $4.95, 257pp, pb, cover by Darrell K. Sweet) [Dancing Gods] Reissue (Del Rey 1984) fantasy novel, second book of the Dancing Gods series; seventh printing.
The Labyrinth of Dreams Jack L. Chalker (NEL 0-450-50807-2, Jan 90 [Dec 89], £3.50, 320pp, pb) [G.O.D. Inc.] Reprint (Tor 1987) effective sf detective novel involving a series of parallel Earths. Recommended. (PSP) Volume 1 in the G.O.D. Inc series.
Lilith: A Snake in the Grass Jack L. Chalker (Penguin 0-14-012319-9, Mar 90, £3.99, 248pp, pb, cover by Alan Craddock) [Four Lords of the Diamond] Reprint (Ballantine 1981) sf novel. Volume One of The Four Lords of the Diamond.
The Maze in the Mirror Jack L. Chalker (NEL 0-450-52090-0, May 90, £4.50, 403pp, pb) [G.O.D. Inc.] Reprint (Tor 1989) sf novel. Book 3 of G.O.D. Inc..
The River of Dancing Gods Jack L. Chalker (Ballantine Del Rey 0-345-34501-0, Aug 90, $4.95, 263pp, pb, cover by Darrell K. Sweet) [Dancing Gods] Reissue (Del Rey 1984) fantasy novel, first book of the Dancing Gods series; ninth printing.
The Shadow Dancers Jack L. Chalker (NEL 0-450-51108-1, Mar 90 [Feb 90], £3.50, 284pp, pb) [G.O.D. Inc.] Reprint (Tor 1987) sf novel. Volume 2 in the G.O.D. Inc. series.
Songs of the Dancing Gods Jack L. Chalker (Ballantine Del Rey 0-345-34799-4, Aug 90, $4.95, 322pp, pb, cover by Darrell K. Sweet) [Dancing Gods] Fantasy novel, fourth book of the Dancing Gods series.
Vengeance of the Dancing Gods Jack L. Chalker (Ballantine Del Rey 0-345-31549-9, Aug 90 [Jul 90], $4.95, 303pp, pb, cover by Darrell K. Sweet) [Dancing Gods] Reissue (Del Rey 1985) fantasy novel, third book of the Dancing Gods series; sixth printing.
From Sea to Shining Star A. Bertram Chandler (Dreamstone 0-9587968-1-5, 1989 [Nov 90], no price, 342pp, hc, cover by Nick Stathopoulos) Collection of 30 stories, with a bibliography, and illustrations by Nick Stathopoulos. This edition is limited to 400 copies and has a 1989 copyright date, though not seen until now. A 100-copy special limited edition (-0-7) was announced but not seen. Edited by Keith Curtis and Susan Chandler.
- · Foreword · Keith Curtis & Susan Chandler · fw
- 3 · Sea Change · nv The Year 2000, ed. Harry Harrison, Garden City, NY: Doubleday, 1970
- 19 · Shadow Before · ss Cosmos SF&F Mar 54
- 27 · Precession [as by George Whitley] · ss Pocket Man Apr 59
- 33 · Castaway [as by George Whitley] · ss Weird Tales Nov 47
- 89 · Change of Heart [as by George Whitley] · ss New Worlds Sep 61
- 57 · Not Quite the Noblest [as by S. H. M.] · ss The Log Jul 56
- 61 · As It Was in the Beginning [as by S. H. M.] · ss The Log May 55
- 65 · Whats In a Name? [as by S. H. M.] · ss The Log Nov 58
- 73 · The Word [The Words, as by S. H. M.] · ss The Log Mar 59
- 79 · All Laced Up [as by George Whitley] · ss New Worlds Nov 61
- 89 · The Pied Potter · ss F&SF Aug 71
- 97 · What Would You Do? [One Mans Ambition] · ss Amazing Feb 58
- 101 · The Hairy Parents · ss Void #2 75
- 109 · Sense of Wonder · ss New Worlds Oct 57
- 117 · Long Way [original version] · A. Bertram & Susan Chandler · ss Worlds of Tomorrow Nov 64
- 127 · Critical Angle · ss F&SF Nov 58
- 135 · Artifact · ss Nebula #24 57
- 143 · Jetsam · ss New Worlds Mar 53
- 153 · Moonfall · ss Imagination May 55
- 159 · The Idol [Idol Hands] · ss Man Junior May 59
- 169 · Hindsight · ss *
- 179 · The Last Hunt [John Grimes] · nv Galaxy Mar 73
- 197 · Seeing Eye · ss Amazing Oct 60
- 211 · The Soul Machine [John Grimes] · ss Galaxy Oct 69
- 223 · Journeys End [John Grimes] · ss Amazing Feb 79
- 237 · Finishing Touch · ss New Worlds Jul 52
- 247 · Man Alone · ss *
- 265 · The Cage · ss F&SF Jun 57
- 277 · The Kingsolvings Planet Irregulars [John Grimes] · nv Galaxy Jul 69
- 303 · Giant Killer · nv Astounding Oct 45
- 339 · Afterword · Keith Curtis & Susan Chandler · aw
- 341 · Bibliography · Misc. · bi